Disclaimer: FanDuel online casino is not currently available in Canada. This review is speculative based on what is known so far and will be updated should the casino launch in Ontario.
FanDuel Casino could be on its way to Ontario as the province is exploring online gambling legislation. The Ontario government has begun exploring a legal online casino market. Up to now, gambling in the province has fallen under the purview of the provincial lottery provider.
If we see the Ontario online casino market start to take off, FanDuel could be one of the first to apply for a permit and launch. The company has seen success across the US in recent years and could be in line to expand into Canada, bringing its casino website and app to the country. Here’s what FanDuel Casino could look like in Ontario, and what it may provide as a bonus to new customers.
What’s great about FanDuel Online Casino:
- Easy to use website and app.
- Casino loyalty program for all users.
- Partnered with Betfair.
- Safe and fast payment options.
Will FanDuel launch an online casino in Canada?
FanDuel isn’t available in Canada just yet, but it could launch its casino in the near future. When Canada announced that it would potentially clear the way for online sports betting in 2021, Bloomberg reported that smaller, Canadian-based sports betting companies were bracing for a fight with the likes of FanDuel and DraftKings.
Representatives from FanDuel declined to comment on the matter. DraftKings, however, has already been fairly vocal on moving into Canada, and if it does so, FanDuel will likely follow to compete. While the company’s sportsbook will probably launch first, an online casino could follow, depending on what the province ends up allowing.
FanDuel Casino ON welcome bonus
In states where it has launched in the US, FanDuel Casino offers new customers a risk-free first day of wagering, up to a total of $200. If it launches in Ontario with the same offer, you would be able to trigger the promotion period by making your first deposit and wager on the site, then continuing to play casino games.
At the end of the 24 hours, FanDuel will take a look at your casino account. If you’ve won more than you’ve lost, you won’t qualify for the promo and can withdraw the winnings if you wish to. If, however, your account is down at the end of the 24 hours, FanDuel will refund your net losses up to $200 in the form of site credit.
FanDuel Casino Ontario promo code 2021
The promo code, if you need one, will become available if FanDuel launches in the province. Should that happen, we will update the table below. You would claim the bonus by using the FanDuel link on this page to head to the online casino site and signing up from there.
|Online Casino||FanDuel Casino Ontario|
|FanDuel Casino Promo Code||TBD|
|Welcome Offer||Risk-free first day up to $200|
|Last Updated||October 2021|
FanDuel Casino bonus details
The FanDuel welcome offer is pretty simple. Once you’ve verified your account and made your first deposit and wager on the site, the promotional period will start. Play your first 24 hours at the casino with any losses covered up to $200. The offer applies to play at any slots or table games during your first 24 hours.
If you’re eligible for a refund from FanDuel, it will arrive in your account within 72 hours as site credit. You won’t receive any reimbursement for net losses under $5. You’ll need to meet a 1x wagering requirement on the bonus cash within seven days to unlock it for withdrawal.
How to join FanDuel Casino in Ontario
Follow the steps below to sign up to FanDuel. First, click on the FanDuel link above, then click the green “join now” button if you’re not automatically prompted to register.
- Enter your email address and create a username and password for your account.
- Fill in FanDuel’s e-form with your player data. This includes your birthdate and address.
- Allow FanDuel to access your location to prove you are in the province.
- Read the terms and conditions of the site and click to create an account. Wait for the casino to verify your player details.
- Make your first deposit and wager on the site to trigger your risk-free 24 hours.
Ongoing FanDuel promotions
The promotions page at FanDuel is often packed with offers. Open the page on the website or app to browse all the available bonuses, which might include some of the following:
- Blackjack Warrior Wednesday-Thursday: Play blackjack on Wednesdays and Thursdays to receive a casino bonus. Opt in to the offer and wager between $200 and $499 to receive a $5 bonus, or work your wager up to spend as much as $10,000 to receive a $250 bonus.
- Game of the Week: Wager $50 on FanDuel’s Game of the Week in a single day to receive a $5 bonus. Find out this week’s choice on the casino’s promotions page.
- Table Games Risk-Free Fridays: Opt in to this offer and play risk-free when you wager $25 or more on table games.
FanDuel online casino VIP rewards program
This casino doesn’t have its own loyalty program right now. FanDuel does, however, run a rewards program for its fantasy sports players called FanDuel Players Club, which could eventually carry over to its online casino.
Daily fantasy sports users are enrolled in the program when they sign up for a FanDuel account and accrue rewards every time they enter a contest. FanDuel Points that they receive for every contest they enter determine their Players Club status for the following month. These perks then entitle them to a number of site perks, include free play and premium customer support.
FanDuel could introduce something similar to its online casino players in the future, which would be a welcome move.
Is FanDuel legal in Ontario?
FanDuel is not yet legal in Ontario, but if online gambling legislation changes the rules in the province, it is likely to try to make the move pretty quickly. The province recently made room in its budget to create an all-new online casino market for players, which would allow trusted operators to launch in Ontario.
Canada is also in the process of allowing single-event sports wagering in the country, which could give FanDuel a second helping hand to launch. We could see FanDuel Sportsbook arrive in Ontario first, with the online casino potentially following later.
FanDuel Casino Ontario app review
FanDuel’s app allows players to access slots and table games from their iOS or Android phone or tablet. This means you can simply connect to the internet from anywhere within Ontario and play online casino games from your mobile device.
It’s quick and simple to get started. First, head to the FanDuel Casino site via mobile browser and create an account. From there, follow the onscreen prompts to download the FanDuel Casino app for your device.
Load and log in to the app to access games, banking, promotions and customer support. Use the navigation bar running along the bottom of the screen to view certain games and the promotions page, or search specific titles at the top of the app.
We like that this app has sections for recently played games and favourites, too. Flick through the banners at the top of the page to see the best offers and bonus codes this week, and click on a promo to opt in. You’ll see the cashier button at the top right of the screen, as well as a profile icon to help you manage your account settings.
Best features at the FanDuel Casino
FanDuel is an experienced company that knows the features players love to see in an online casino. We’ve listed some of our favourite things about FanDuel Ontario below, to help you see if it is right for you.
- Personal details: You can add games to your favourites at FanDuel to make sure you can always find the games you enjoy the most. Simply click the heart button on any game icon to add it to your individual list. You’ll also find a section of your most recently played games if you’d like to revisit a title at a later date.
- Great promotions: In addition to its welcome offer, FanDuel runs promotions for its existing players to opt in to. These are available on both the website and app, and include options like Blackjack Wednesdays and Risk-Free Fridays.
- Betfair partnership: FanDuel partnered with Paddy Power Betfair in 2019 to bring together the shared technology and resources of both companies. This means players can benefit from even more features as FanDuel has a bigger team to create them.
- Safe payment options: FanDuel offers a variety of ways to deposit and withdraw cash safely. Fund your account from just $10 using a bank card, prepaid card, e-wallet account or online bank transfer.
Casino games on the FanDuel Ontario app
The FanDuel app has one of the best casino game ranges we’ve seen, including live dealer games. Browse varied slot titles, baccarat, blackjack, online roulette and video poker on your phone or tablet.
This range of games isn’t as large as the website, but it is adding new titles frequently. You can browse your favourites or the most popular FanDuel games on the app, or use the search bar to find specifics.
Use the main menu on the website or app to head over to the slots lobby, where titles will appear A-Z or Z-A. In the future, we’d like to have the option to filter games down to make browsing easier.
The casino displays all games using large clickable icons, and you can click the “i” button next to any title for details on the game. Alternatively, click the heart button to add a game to your favourites. Here are a few of the top slot options at FanDuel Casino:
- Divine Fortune: Designed by NetEnt, Divine Fortune is a five-reel progressive slot with a base of 20 paylines. It’s based around ancient Greek mythology and is playable from $0.20 per spin. The return-to-player rate is 96.59% with the progressive jackpot.
- Smokin’ Triples: From Everi, Smokin’ Triples is a three-reel, three-row game with nine betways. This title came out in February of 2020 and is therefore a much newer title than others in the FanDuel library and has a max win of up to 100,000 times your bet.
- White Rabbit: Based loosely around Alice in Wonderland, the White Rabbit Megaways slot is a five-reel game where each reel can hold between two and seven symbols at once. The game is a medium to high variance title with an RTP of 97.77%.
- Chicken Fox: This simple five-reel slot from Lightning Box has 25 paylines and is playable from $0.30 per spin. Chicken Fox is a medium to high variance game with the chance to win up to 13,500 times your stake.
- King Kong Fury: Based on the 2017 film, this five-reel slot has 20 paylines and is playable from $0.25/spin. There are two randomly triggered base game features and a King of Skull Island Game. King Kong Fury offers up to 12,5000 times your stake.
FanDuel’s partnership with Betfair means it has access to a solid selection of table games covering all the usual suspects: blackjack, baccarat, roulette and video poker. There are separate tabs available for each category on both the app and website, making browsing easy.
For blackjack games, you’ll find Blackjack Classic, Zappit Blackjack and Multi-hand Blackjack. If you prefer roulette, browse and choose from options like American and European variations. As for video poker, there are games like Casino War, Hold’em and Five Play Draw Poker.
Free and real money casino games at FanDuel
FanDuel doesn’t have an option to demo games on the site just yet, but this could be something that it implements in the future. Players would be able to try the game for free using fake credits before playing for real money. For now, however, you can play risk-free up to $200 with FanDuel’s welcome offer.
FanDuel Casino online banking options
FanDuel offers plenty of ways to deposit funds into your account and cash out any winnings you might collect. The online casino’s cashier is safe and fast.
Deposits at FanDuel Casino start at $10, and the casino will credit funds to your account almost instantly. Choose from the following banking options:
- E-check (ACH)
- Wire transfer
- Online bank transfer
Withdrawals usually take five business days to process, and you need to cash out a minimum of $10. Here are the withdrawal options available at FanDuel Casino:
- Prepaid card
- E-check (ACH)
- Wire transfer
FanDuel Casino customer service
FanDuel has a simple FAQ for players to access support at any time. It’s split into categories and is easy to navigate, but if you can’t find the customer support you’re looking for, you can get in touch via live chat, email or phone.
The casino’s live chat is available from 9 a.m. to 2 a.m. daily and is the fastest way to get in touch with someone. Alternatively, click on the contact button on the site’s FAQ page to access details on the casino’s phone line and email address.
What is the minimum deposit at FanDuel Casino?
The minimum deposit at FanDuel is $10. You can add funds to your account via e-check, PayPal, wire transfer or Visa/Mastercard.
Is FanDuel Casino safe?
Yes, FanDuel is a trusted online gambling company that’s been around for years and works to provide a secure site for all. It follows all responsible gambling guidelines, protects player data and verifies all accounts.
What sets FanDuel Casino apart?
We like the personal elements of FanDuel. Save games to your favourites, view promotions created with you in mind and browse your recently played titles on both the website and app.
How do I get the FanDuel app?
Using your device, follow the link from this page to the FanDuel mobile site, then follow the prompts onscreen to download the casino app. It’s free to download and available for both iOS and Android.
How do you bypass the FanDuel app location?
You can’t bypass the geolocation technology at FanDuel Casino; it’s there for a reason. You must be within Ontario’s borders at all times when using FanDuel. If you aren’t in the province, you won’t be able to bet.