Launching in 2001, Playtime Casino Hanover originally went by OLG Slots at Hanover Raceway. In 2017, Gateway Casinos & Entertainment took over when Ontario Lottery and Gaming underwent some restructuring and updates.
Adjacent to the renowned Hanover Raceway, the casino venue consists of 36,000 square feet and boasts 300 slot machines and electronic games along with eight live table games. Casino patrons can also watch off-track simulcast racing and place wagers on their favourites.
Other amenities include several dining options, and, as mentioned, the venue is also home to the Hanover Raceway, which hosts live harness standardbred racing on a half-mile racetrack. The casino is open 24/7 for anyone 19 or older.
Playtime Casino Hanover details
- Name: Playtime Casino Hanover
- Address: 275 Fifth St., Hanover, ON
- Phone: 519-364-7606
- Hours: 24/7
- Games: Slot machines, live table games
Ontario Casinos in the News
Playtime Casino Hanover slots & casino games
Playtime Casino Hanover offers the following slot machines and table games to its patrons:
Although slot machines were part of the venue starting in 2001, Playtime Casino Hanover flourished only after a move and major reconstruction of its casino floor. This introduced a 3,283-square-foot mezzanine, allowing the gambling facility to expand its games and introduce new titles.
Playtime attracts rookies and experienced players alike, allowing them to browse various titles with denominations ranging from one cent to $5. The slot machines come from reputable developers such as PlayAGS, IGT, Aristocrat, Ainsworth and WMS.
Below are some of the casino’s top titles. Even though it may not be the most extensive collection of slot machines, you’ll find various games, including classic three- and five-reel titles:
- Pac-Man Wild Edition: If you enjoyed playing Pac-Man as a child, you’ll probably enjoy this slot from Ainsworth. Inspired by the all-time favourite, Pac Man Wild Edition takes players on an adventure where, instead of ghosts and pills, they will be chasing cash prizes. Also includes free spins, wilds and other features.
- 88 Fortunes: This game from Bally features a progressive jackpot that can lead to a massive top prize. The Chinese-inspired game is packed with free spins, bonus rounds and wilds. The max bet is $8.80.
- Emerald Princess: Another slot inspired by Asian culture is Emerald Princess. A PlayAGS title, this game incorporates a 5×4 grid with 50 paylines. The denominations start at a penny, making the game perfect for more casual players. The machine uses the innovative AGS Orion Slant cabinet and boasts a progressive jackpot that can reach into the thousands.
- Kronos: Father of Zeus: Designed for the cutting-edge TwinStar cabinet, Kronos: Father of Zeus and its companion Zeus: Son of Kronos are both available on the Playtime Casino floor in Hanover. Free spins, stacked wilds and lightning respins are just some of the features.
- Crazy Money II: In addition to the familiar features, Crazy Money II boasts a wheel spin that determines the bonus you’ll get. If you happen to see gold coins, collect them — they can trigger the progressive levels and lead to jaw-dropping prizes.
Up until its big reconstruction, Playtime Casino Hanover featured only slot machines. Once it added extra space, the casino floor introduced new slot machines and eight live casino tables.
Even though the table game section is considerably smaller than the slots area, it still offers blackjack, baccarat, roulette, Spanish 21, Mississippi stud, Ultimate Texas Hold’em and three card poker. Fortunately, the games feature pretty diverse betting limits, meaning you don’t have to be experienced or a high roller to play a game.
What’s more, the casino floor hosts a couple of electronic tables. The available variants include e-blackjack, e-craps and e-roulette.
Can I play poker at Playtime Casino Hanover?
Unfortunately, the remodel didn’t include making space for a dedicated poker room. Nevertheless, the casino does offer a couple of variants mentioned above.
Live horse racing at Hanover Raceway
Although not owned by Gateway Casinos & Entertainment, the Hanover Raceway is another option for casino patrons. The Hanover, Bentinck & Brant Agricultural Society owns and operates the facility.
The raceway is celebrating its 57th year of hosting and putting on pari-mutuel wagering and harness racing. The half-mile racetrack features 15 events throughout the season, the most popular ones being Balanced Image and Dream of Glory Final. Visitors can place bets at the racetrack and off it in the simulcast lounge located in Playtime Casino Hanover.
My Club Rewards loyalty program
Being a part of the Gateway Casinos & Entertainment, Playtime Casino is part of the My Club Rewards program. To earn rewards and other benefits, you need to collect points, which you can do by wagering on the games in the casino. The rewards program has five tiers:
- Rewards — 0 to 999 points
- Silver — 1,000 to 4,999 points
- Gold — 5,000 to 24,999 points
- Elite — 25,000+ points
- Ultra — invitation only
As you unlock a new tier, you’ll gain access to various rewards, including restaurant discounts, invitations to slot tournaments, giveaways, birthday bonuses and VIP parking.
Responsible gambling at Playtime Casino Hanover
While gambling can be fun, without care it can also quickly become a serious problem. To mitigate this, Playtime Casino promotes the importance of responsible gambling at its venue.
Like all Gateway Casinos & Entertainment properties, Playtime also holds a responsible gaming accreditation that guarantees that the casino incorporates all policies and takes extra precautions to create a safe environment. Additionally, the casino offers self-exclusion programs and works with PlaySmart, a group that helps people with gambling problems.
All Ontario Casinos, Poker Rooms and Sportsbooks
- Caesars Windsor Casino
- Cascades Casino Chatham
- Cascades Casino North Bay
- Casino Ajax
- Casino Niagara
- Casino Rama and Resort
- Elements Casino Brantford
- Elements Casino Mohawk
- Fallsview Casino and Resort
- Gateway Casino in Innisfil
- Gateway Casinos Thunder Bay
- Kawartha Downs Casino
- Pickering Casino Resort to Open its First Phase Soon
- Sarnia Casino
- Sault Ste. Marie Casino
- Shorelines Casino Belleville
- Shorelines Casino Peterborough
- Wasaga Beach Casino
- Woodbine Casino and Racetrack
- Woodstock Casino & Raceway
Playtime Casino Hanover history and current owner
Back in 1964, 265 Fifth St., Hanover, was home to the Hanover Raceway, owned and operated by the Hanover, Bentinck & Brant Agricultural Society. Years later, in 2001, Ontario Lottery and Gaming established the Slots at Hanover Raceway.
OLG used the existing racetrack’s grandstand as the place to put all the slot machines. Perhaps unsurprisingly, the dark and cluttered space didn’t attract that much attention. In 2017, Gateway Casinos & Entertainment, one of Canada’s largest gambling companies, took over the management of Slots at Hanover Raceway.
However, instead of renovating the existing space, the company decided to relocate the business. Luckily, right next to the racetrack was a construction project that had been abandoned for financial reasons.
Gateway bought the place and moved the casino venue there, renaming it Playtime Casino Hanover. Now, it is a gambling venue that Canadians regularly frequent.