Casino Niagara is a gambling establishment in Niagara Falls, Ontario. It is located near the Sheraton Fallsview Hotel, just off the Canadian end of the Rainbow International Bridge.
Following its opening in late 1996, the casino quickly became one of the main gambling destinations in the area, attracting visitors from Canada and the neighbouring US states. Despite often being overshadowed by some of the bigger gambling venues that have since opened in the vicinity, this veteran casino can still hold its ground against the competition.
Its 95,000-square-foot gambling floor houses over 1,300 slot machines, around 40 table games, interactive games, and a 26-table poker room. In addition to this, the facility also features three bars and three restaurants. The casino is open 24/7, and the visitors must be at least 19 to enter.
Casino Niagara details
- Name: Casino Niagara
- Address: 5705 Falls Ave., Niagara Falls, Ontario
- Phone: 888-325-5788
- Hours: 24/7
- Games: Slots, table games, poker
Ontario Casinos in the News
Casino Niagara – slots & casino games
Casino Niagara visitors are greeted with the following extensive choice of slot machines and casino games:
Casino Niagara offers over 1,300 slots and video poker machines on its two-level gambling floor. The titles include both simple, classic slots and contemporary themed games. Players can also try their luck at around 350 progressive jackpots.
The machines offer state-of-the-art software and technology. Most slots incorporate special features, allowing users to win significantly bigger prizes. They support an array of price points, ranging from a few pennies to several dollars. Here are some notable titles:
- The Lord of the Rings: Rule Them All — This Scientific Games title based on the popular book and movie trilogy features a display with reels that show videos, increasing the suspense during the game. The machine is packed with special symbols and features, including free spins, multipliers and credit prizes.
- Dragon Link series — Consisting of four games with varying themes, the Dragon Link series contains a progressive jackpot and several distinct features. The games are Panda Magic, Golden Century, Happy and Prosperous and Autumn Moon. The collection is similar to the Lightning Link series, also developed by Aristocrat.
- James Bond: Thunderball — Developed by Scientific Games and based on the 1965 film, this five-reel, 25-payline slot boasts movie clips, bonuses and special features, including its own jackpot.
- Rumble Rumble — This five-reel slot game by Ainsworth draws inspiration for its design from wildlife. Although the base game is quite generic, the title contains a fire bull feature with expanding wilds and free spin bonus rounds, both of which make the game more dynamic. It contains 100 paylines and crisp graphics with cool animations to mark wins.
- Monopoly: Hot Shot — Based on the iconic board game, Monopoly: Hot Shot has been a player favourite for a long time. This three-reel, 27-payline slot features a curved screen, classic game characters, a bonus feature and mini reel game-in-games with progressive jackpots.
The Casino Niagara table game section consists of 40 tables, featuring different variations of the most popular games, including blackjack, roulette, blackjack switch, casino war and Spanish 21.
The tables have flexible limits, ranging from very low to very high, so you’re likely to find a table that fits your budget, whether you are a casual player or someone with a larger bankroll. If you’d like to brush up on your skills before visiting the casino, you can find downloadable guides on its official website.
The casino regularly hosts table game tournaments, so be sure to check the tournament section for more information on upcoming events.
Casino Niagara poker room
Casino Niagara has a 26-table poker room on the second level of its gambling floor. Your options will include High Card Flush, Mississippi Stud, Three Card Poker and Texas Hold’em. Some games feature the five-card hand bonus with the Nexus progressive system that lets you scoop larger wins.
Players can choose from among a range of table limits suitable for all bankroll sizes. For those who experience a bout of bad luck, the casino has a bad beat jackpot. You can qualify if you lose while holding a royal flush, straight flush or four of a kind. The Casino Niagara poker room is open 24/7.
Momentum rewards program
Casino Niagara has an exclusive VIP program called Momentum, which it shares with the nearby Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort. It allows players to collect loyalty points, reach new levels and win special rewards of increasing value.
Players of legal age (19 or older) can sign up for Momentum membership by presenting a photo ID at the relevant desk at the casino. Once registered, you get a personal Momentum card that you can use while playing casino games to collect status points.
Over the course of one year, there are two qualification periods. At the end of each, your number of points will determine your loyalty level. There are five loyalty levels:
- Core — 0 to 399 status points
- Ignite — 400 to 2,499 status points
- Leap — 2,500 to 4,999 status points
- Ascend — 5,000 to 14,999 status points
- Soar — 15,000+ status points
Every time you reach a new tier, you get access to better rewards. These include complimentary hotel offers, invitations to events, spa discounts, VIP tickets to select performances, access to the VIP lounge, priority seating at restaurants and a VIP host.
All Ontario Casinos, Poker Rooms and Sportsbooks
- Caesars Windsor Casino
- Cascades Casino Chatham
- Cascades Casino North Bay
- Casino Ajax
- Casino Rama and Resort
- Elements Casino Brantford
- Elements Casino Mohawk
- Fallsview Casino and Resort
- Gateway Casino in Innisfil
- Gateway Casinos Thunder Bay
- Hanover Casino
- Kawartha Downs Casino
- Pickering Casino Resort to Open its First Phase Soon
- Sarnia Casino
- Sault Ste. Marie Casino
- Shorelines Casino Belleville
- Shorelines Casino Peterborough
- Wasaga Beach Casino
- Woodbine Casino and Racetrack
- Woodstock Casino & Raceway
Casino Niagara’s responsible gambling program
Operated by the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp., Casino Niagara partners with the Responsible Gambling Council and other agencies that help players prevent and overcome gambling problems.
As a part of its responsible gambling program, the casino aims to educate both its staff and players on how they can gamble safely and spot signs of gambling addiction. For this, it offers various pamphlets with information about how different games work and how to build a responsible gambling strategy.
If players notice signs of gambling problems, they have several options available — either to exclude themselves from using the casino’s services or to call a free helpline at 888-230-3505. Further resources are available on the Casino Niagara website, leading to professional and volunteer agencies that help players deal with addiction.
Casino Niagara history and current owners
Casino Niagara opened on Dec. 9, 1996. At first, it was only supposed to be a temporary casino during the construction of the Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort. However, the venue’s success and popularity led to it becoming a permanent casino, which has now been operating for more than two decades.
Its popularity does not come as a surprise, considering the fact that, at the time of its inception, it was only the second casino in Ontario and the first one to introduce electronic roulette. In addition to slot games, table games and poker, the casino also used to feature a sportsbook, though it does not offer sports wagering at the moment.
Ontario Lottery and Gaming owns Casino Niagara, and Mohegan Gaming and Entertainment oversees operations.