Shorelines Casino Peterborough
Shorelines Casino Peterborough is one of the 25 properties owned by the Great Canadian Gaming Corporation—a gaming, entertainment and hospitality company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange. The gaming facility is located in Peterborough, a city close to the Otonabee River, just 110 kilometres northeast of Toronto.
Shorelines Casino Peterborough is one of the newest additions to the Great Canadian Gaming family, established in October 2018. The casino venue covers 50,000 square feet and offers 500 slot machines and 22 table games, including blackjack, roulette, baccarat and poker.
Additionally, the venue houses the Windward Restaurant and Lounge and The Buffet for all the foodies, plus free parking, a live entertainment area and a racebook. With such amenities, Shorelines Casino Peterborough is among the go-to gaming destinations for Ontarians.
The gambling facility welcomes guests over 19 and provides round-the-clock service.
Shorelines Casino Peterborough details
- Name: Shorelines Casino Peterborough
- Address: 1400 Crawford Dr, Peterborough, ON K9J 6X6
- Phone Number: +1 833-678-0880
- Hours of Operation: 24/7
- Gambling Available: slot machines, blackjack, roulette, baccarat, poker
Ontario Casinos in the News
Shorelines Casino Peterborough – slots & casino games
Shorelines Casino Peterborough offers a wide choice of slots and table games for its patrons to enjoy, including the following:
Despite being a medium-sized entertainment and gaming facility, Shorelines Casino Peterborough houses 500 top-quality slot machines designed by industry-leading software developers, such as Aristocrat, Shuffle Master, Scientific Games and so on. The game denominations range from 10¢ to $10, making them suitable for occasional players and high rollers alike.
The casino floor also features an array of rewarding progressive jackpots. In fact, in 2020 alone, Shorelines Casino Peterborough awarded more than $13 million in jackpots.
The casino regularly updates its game collection and introduces new and engaging titles. The latest slot machine additions are:
- Lightning Link Heart Throb — Developed by Aristocrat, Lightning Link Heart Throb belongs to the Lightning Link series. This game has a standard 5×3 grid with 25 paylines and includes symbols such as a box of chocolates, red rose, diamond, gift box and a dove. The denominations range from 1¢ to 10¢ and feature four jackpots—mini, minor, major and grand—that can reach tens of thousands.
- Jin Ji Bao Xi — With a signature from Shuffle Master, Jin Ji Bao Xi has become a staple in land-based casinos. The Chinese-themed slot machine offers immersive gameplay with traditional symbols—dragon, tiger, phoenix, koi, etc. A specific symbol lineup can lead to some nice wins, including a jaw-dropping jackpot.
- Buffalo Gold — Those who want to explore the wild side of the American West will enjoy Buffalo Gold, a slot game developed by Aristocrat. This highly volatile, 20-payline slot machine offers a maximum win of 300x the stake, which roughly translates to $1,000 when a max bet is placed.
- Ultimate Fire Link China Street — This slot machine celebrates one of the oldest streets in the United States. The Ultimate Fire Link China Street was designed by Scientific Gaming, a renowned software developer. The denominations range from 1¢ to $1 and provide players with free spins, multipliers and a max win of 500x the stake.
- Lock It Link Night Life — The Lock It Link series crafted by Scientific Games has proven a favourite among casino players. Lock It Link Night Life is the first edition with a standard 5×3 layout and 500 credits max bet. The mystery and luxury of living in a big city comprise one memorable experience jam-packed with free spins, re-spins and huge credit payouts.
From the moment Shorelines Casino Peterborough opened its doors, patrons could choose from 22 live table games hosted by professional dealers. While the table minimums depend on business needs and game demand for the day, casino enthusiasts can still enjoy some of the most popular gambling options:
- Spanish 21
- Mini Squeeze baccarat
- Free Bet blackjack
By visiting the casino website, you’ll find available live table game variants, along with a brief explanation of each game and its rules.
Poker games at Shorelines Casino Peterborough
Poker is available at Shorelines Casino Peterborough, ON. However, given its medium size, the casino floor doesn’t feature separate poker rooms. Nevertheless, the lobby offers traditional and innovative poker variants, such as:
- Ultimate Texas Hold’em
- Mississippi Stud
- Three Card poker
- I Luv Suits
If you’re just getting started with poker, we suggest you stick to the classics to learn the ropes. Afterward, you can move on to the new versions and put your skills to the test. Unlike slot machines, which are available 24/7, blackjack, poker, baccarat and roulette tables are open every day from noon to 4 a.m.
Axis Rewards loyalty program
All Shoreline Casinos in Ontario (Peterborough, Kawartha Downs, Belleville and Thousand Islands) promote a special Axis Rewards program. Any casino patron can become a member by filling out a simple membership form and bringing it to a representative of the guest service team.
With an Axis membership, you will get many perks and invitations to exclusive events. But best of all, joining this community is completely free.
The Axis Rewards program has four levels:
- Blue — free to join
- Silver — 5,000 to 49,999 points
- Gold — 50,000 to 199,999 points
- Privè — 200,000+ points
Blue level members have access to many bonuses and promotions, 10 percent restaurant discounts, Axis points on free-play slot machines, etc. However, as you progress through the levels, you will attain even greater benefits. For instance, Privè members receive exclusive event invites, VIP parking, extra discounts, special promotions, gifts and so on.
To better understand how these points work and how you can collect them, read the Axis Rewards program terms and conditions carefully.
Responsible gambling at Shorelines Casino Peterborough
To create a safe and fair gambling environment, Shorelines Casino Peterborough promotes responsible gambling and abides by strict regulations imposed by the OLG (Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation).
Additionally, the casino cooperates with PlaySmart, an organisation that offers help and advice to people with gambling problems. Every casino in Ontario has one PlaySmart centre, operated by the Responsible Gambling Council (RGC). Here, players can learn information about the games and seek help if necessary.
PlaySmart allows players to activate the self-exclusion program or get in touch with some of the following organisations that offer help to those in need:
- Responsible Gambling Council
- CAMH (Centre for Addiction and Mental Health)
- YMCA Youth Gambling Awareness Program
- Credit Canada
All Ontario Casinos, Poker Rooms and Sportsbooks
- Caesars Windsor Casino
- Cascades Casino Chatham
- Cascades Casino North Bay
- Casino Ajax
- Casino Niagara
- Casino Rama and Resort
- Elements Casino Brantford
- Elements Casino Mohawk
- Fallsview Casino and Resort
- Gateway Casino in Innisfil
- Gateway Casinos Thunder Bay
- Hanover Casino
- Kawartha Downs Casino
- Pickering Casino Resort to Open its First Phase Soon
- Sarnia Casino
- Sault Ste. Marie Casino
- Shorelines Casino Belleville
- Wasaga Beach Casino
- Woodbine Casino and Racetrack
- Woodstock Casino & Raceway
Shorelines Casino Peterborough history and current owners
As already mentioned, Shorelines Casino Peterborough was launched in October 2018, making it one of the newest additions to the Ontario gambling scene. The GCG-owned facility required $49 million and 13 months of hard construction work, which has resulted in a 50,000-square-feet casino with 500 slot machines, 22 live tables, a 230-seat buffet and a 40-seat a la carte restaurant.
Matheson Constructors handled the project management, while Chris Dikeakos Architects Inc. completed the design. Adjacent to the casino, Roshan Holding built a 100-room Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton, a facility that features a fitness centre, an indoor saltwater pool and a business centre.
The Great Canadian Gaming Corporation planned to remove the games from the nearby Shorelines Slots at Kawartha Downs and transfer them to the Peterborough location. However, after many objections, the plans changed, and the casino at Kawartha Downs kept the slot machines.
The GCG corporation was founded in 1982 and has since acquired dozens of gaming and entertainment facilities. Apart from the Shorelines Casino group, the Great Canadian Gaming Corporation holds 21 gaming properties in Ontario, British Columbia, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. In 2020, the company was sold to Apollo Global Management in a $3.3 billion deal.