Disclaimer: Stars Casino is not currently regulated in Canada. This preview is speculative based on Stars Casino in other jurisdictions and will be updated should it become licensed in Ontario.
As Ontario considers changes to its online gambling rules, a variety of casino operators could be in line to launch in the province, should that become an option. The government announced potential changes in its November 2020 budget, and then in March released a proposed model for how it would regulate online casinos in the province.
If Ontario moves forward with its plans, Stars Casino from PokerStars is a name that could jump in as one of the first to launch in the province, so this guide is going to take a closer look at the online gambling site and what it could offer players in Canada.
What’s great about Stars Casino:
- Popular online gambling brand.
- Casino app for smartphones and tablets.
- Promotions for existing players.
- Easy registration process.
Will PokerStars launch an online casino in Canada?
Stars Casino is not operating in Ontario at the moment, but it could apply to launch if gambling regulations successfully change in the province. Ontario is in the process of expanding its online gambling market, and single-event sports wagering could be on its way to Canada, as well, meaning online casinos could follow as a next step.
Stars Casino bonus in Ontario
If Stars Casino were to offer the same welcome bonus as it does in several US states, new customers in Ontario would be eligible for a “Bet $1, get $50” bonus on sign-up.
The bonus kicks in when you create an account, make a first deposit and wager $1 on any casino game. You then receive a $50 bonus to bet as you wish on the site. You will need to meet the casino’s playthrough requirements to clear the bonus cash for withdrawal, which we explain below.
Stars Casino bonus code Ontario 2022
Claim the $50 Stars Casino bonus in Ontario by entering the bonus code below at registration. You must be of legal age to place bets and be within the province to qualify for the welcome offer.
|Online Casino||Stars Casino Ontario|
|Stars Casino Ontario Bonus Code||TBD|
|Welcome Bonus||Wager $1 to receive a $50 bonus|
|Last Updated||January 2022|
Stars Casino bonus details
The Stars Casino welcome offer is simple. To claim it, follow the Stars link from this page to the casino website, register for an account and enter the bonus code. Make a deposit, and wager at least $1 on any slot or table game to trigger the bonus cash.
A total of $50 in site credits will arrive in your account for you to bet on games of your choice. Your next $50 worth of bets will use the bonus credits. You will need to clear the bonus using Stars’ redemption points; unlock $1 for every two redemption points you collect when playing.
You have five days to claim the Stars welcome offer, and seven days after that to clear the funds for withdrawal.
How to join Stars Casino in Ontario
You can join Stars Casino pretty easily and claim its welcome bonus by following the steps below, starting from the front page of the website.
- Click “Join” at the top right of the site if a sign-up form doesn’t automatically load.
- Enter your email address and create a username and password for your account.
- Fill in your home address and allow the casino to access your location and verify your account. Also enter any required bonus code.
- Click to create an account and wait for Stars to verify your profile.
Ongoing Stars promotions
Stars Casino tends to lack in promotions for existing users, but there are a few offers to opt in to should you wish. Here is an example of what you might find on Stars’ promotions page.
- Daily casino races: Take part in one of Stars’ daily casino races for the chance to win a share of $10,000. The daily winner wins a prize of $1000.
- Game of the Week: Play $50 on the Game of the Week at Stars Casino to receive a $10 bonus. The casino will advertise its weekly game on both the website and app.
Stars online casino rewards program
The Stars Rewards offers casino prizes tailored to you and your play on the site. You will collect reward points each time you play real money games. Once you’ve filled your progress bar with points, you will receive a rewards chest containing casino perks like StarsCoin and free play bonuses.
You will need to join the Stars Rewards program through the promotions page. Unlike other online casinos, you won’t automatically be registered for this loyalty program. Stars will aim to tailor its rewards chests to you based on your play. There are six chests to work your way through, with each increasing in size and value.
Is Stars legal in Ontario?
If Ontario completes its plans for online casinos in the province, then Stars Casino could launch. It isn’t available yet, however. Canada is also in the midst of trying to change its laws around online sports betting, introducing single-event wagering to the country. If that succeeds, it could give Ontario the final push it needs to launch online casinos.
Stars Casino app review
Stars Casino has an app to allow players to access games from Android and iOS devices. The app is available on smartphones and tablets and works using Wi-Fi or cellular data when you allow it to access your location. You need to be within Ontario borders to play.
The Stars app has an expandable menu to the left, which provides quick links to the promotions page, customer support, banking and more. You can also navigate to specific types of games to scroll through what’s available. The app is fast and doesn’t tend to crash.
To download the app, register for an account using the mobile site, then follow steps on the homepage to download the app for your device. Android users may need to allow downloads from unknown sources in their settings.
Best features at the Stars Casino
PokerStars is a respected name in online gambling, and Stars Casino has multiple strong points, but here are some of our favourites:
- Slot library: Stars offers a great range of classic and themed slots, including many with features that give you more chances to win. Look for movie-themed games, titles based on your favourite bands, progressive slots and more.
- Player interface: It’s easy to make your way around Stars Casino on both web and mobile. Simply log in and use the main menu to access Stars Rewards, promotions and customer support. You can then use the smaller navigation menu to browse games and scroll through the clickable icons.
- Downloadable client: Stars Casino is also available to access straight from your computer, as well as via the web and mobile app. Simply download the PokerStars software to open the online casino from your computer home screen.
- Loyalty program: Stars Rewards is a fun and interactive way to collect online casino points while playing games. The best part is that the rewards aim to match the games you like to play.
Casino games on the Stars app
The Stars Casino app features slots, roulette, blackjack, baccarat and video poker. It’s a pretty good selection of games with more than enough to keep you entertained, with new titles joining frequently.
The app’s game lobby is admittedly smaller than it is on desktop, but this is common among online casinos. Over time, we’ll likely see the app get more titles. Casino games on the app are best in landscape mode.
The slots lobby at Stars Casino has a variety of fun options, including classics and new titles. You can filter games in a number of ways: by most popular, jackpot slots, exclusives and Megaways games. There’s also a game search bar.
Titles will indicate if they’re exclusive or new to the site, and you can click the information button to learn more about any game. Here are some popular slots to check out:
- Fishin’ Frenzy: This Reel Time Gaming slot is a classic five-reel, three-row game with 10 paylines. Play from just $0.10/spin, or max out at $10.00/spin. This title has a return-to-player rate of 96.12%, and you can win up to 5,000 times your total stake.
- Starburst: This title is an absolute classic from NetEnt with five reels and 10 paylines. As the name suggests, Starburst has an outer space theme and is based on Starburst Wilds. Play from $0.10/spin.
- Cleopatra: This slot from IGT is another classic. Set in ancient Egypt, the game has an RTP of 95.02%, and bets start at $0.20 per spin and max out at $400.
- El Dorado: This medium variance title has an RTP of 96.5%, and players can win up to 10,500 times their stake from the Money Respin bonus game. There’s also a Money Collect feature, and the Aztec warrior symbol is the game’s wild, appearing on reels two, three, four and five.
Stars Casino offers single and multiplayer versions of various table games, mostly blackjack, roulette and video poker. If blackjack is your table game of choice, choose from among classic, premium and a multihand game.
Roulette players can browse classic games, high roller roulette and American roulette. Video poker is a large part of the site; browse Jacks or Better, Double Bonus Poker, Deuces Wild and others.
Stars has a small live game lobby with blackjack and roulette, streamed live from a casino studio and hosted by real dealers.
Free and real money casino games at Stars
At Stars Casino, you’ll receive $50 in free play by creating an account and wagering as little as $1. This gives you the chance to try games on the site using bonus funds from the casino. Demo play isn’t available at this point, though it would be great to see the casino introduce this feature soon. This would allow you to try a game for free before playing for real money.
Stars banking options
Banking at Stars Casino is easy, and payment options are varied. Here’s how to deposit and withdraw funds:
The minimum deposit at Stars Casino is $10 and funds will appear in your account immediately. The following banking options are available:
- Wire transfer
- Online bank transfer
Withdrawals from Stars Casino usually take no more than five business days. Choose from the following banking options to cash out:
- Wire transfer
- Prepaid card
Stars Casino customer service
There are numerous ways to get support at Stars, including an FAQ, live chat, email and phone. Click “Help” at the top of the site to get started. This will load the casino’s FAQ, which covers how to play, deposits and withdrawals, account settings and responsible gambling. A search bar is available to make the FAQ easier to browse.
You can open a live chat with the customer support team by clicking the green “Need Help?” pop-up button at the bottom of the page. Type your question into the chat box. Alternatively, get in touch via phone or email using the contact details listed on the casino’s site.
Is Stars Casino legal in Ontario?
Stars Casino isn’t legal in Ontario yet, but it could be soon if the province opens its online casino market. You will need to meet the age requirement and be within Ontario borders to play legally.
What is the minimum deposit at Stars Casino?
Stars Casino Ontario lists a minimum deposit of $10. Add funds to your account via PayPal, bank transfer, EcoPayz, Visa/Mastercard, among other options.
Can I earn loyalty points at this casino?
Yes, this casino runs Stars Rewards, which offers points based on your wagers. You’ll then unlock chests, which contain casino perks.
Is Stars Casino safe?
Yes, Stars Casino is run by the ever-reputable PokerStars. It protects player details via SSL encryption technology and employs a firewall. It follows guidelines on responsible gambling, and players can set limits on their play and close down their account if needed.
Do I have to be in Ontario to use the Stars Casino app?
Yes, you must be in Ontario to access and play games at Stars Casino. It uses geolocation technology to ensure all players are playing within province borders.