After more than two very long years of silence, top-notch entertainment returns to the biggest Ontario casinos starting this weekend.
Shows had been cancelled for more than two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic and Ontario government restrictions.
Both Casino Rama in Orillia and Fallsview Casino in Niagara Falls will feature big shows this weekend. On Friday, country artist Jake Owen will be the first to take the stage and kick off the resumption of entertainment at Rama. Owen will be followed on Saturday by Canadian musician Avril Lavigne.
That same night, comedian Jim Gaffigan will take the stage at Fallsview.
Major entertainment returns to Caesars Windsor on May 5 when The Tenors re-open the venue’s famed Colosseum.
Major acts on tap throughout 2022
With more acts seemingly added daily at Ontario casinos, here’s just a look at some highlights, for now.
Major acts at Casino Rama include:
- Jake Owen — April 29
- Avril Lavigne – April 30
- Tom Cochrane with Red Rider — May 21
- Ringo Star & His All-Star Band – May 27 and 28
- Gordon Lightfoot – June 4
- The Tea Party and Moist — July 1
- Steve Earle & The Dukes — July 15
- Ice Cube — Sept. 2
- The Beach Boys — Oct. 21 and 22
Caesars Windsor highlights include:
- The Tenors – May 5
- Avril Lavigne – May 12
- Steve Martin & Martin Short — May 26
- Brad Paisley — May 29
- Chelsea Handler — June 18
- The Black Crowes — July 5
- Sarah McLachlan — July 9
- Skid Row, Warrant and Winger — July 28
- Alice Cooper — Sept. 11
- Jim Gaffigan – April 30
- ZZ Top — May 6
- The 5th Dimension — May 9 and 10
- Pat Benatar — July 16
- REO Speedwagon — Aug. 23
- Brad Paisley — Aug. 26
- OK Go — Sept. 17