Capital Gains is an online slot machine by AGS. The slot is inspired by a wealth-related theme and features a 5×3 grid with four lucrative jackpots. Before it became part of many online casinos’ portfolios, Capital Gains was a popular land-based slot machine that players loved thanks to the popular bonus features and engaging gameplay.
The game offers a wide array of special features that can help lucky players win lucrative prizes. Some of these features include the free spins bonus, the cash vault feature, the money charte bonus, the wild feature, and the PowerXStream feature.
If you’re interested in learning more about Capital Gains, join us for an in-depth review of this popular title.
Most Popular Games
Theme and visuals
Capital Gains is a game inspired by wealth, so many symbols on the reels are also symbols commonly representative of rich people — gold bars, cash, diamonds, coins, dollar signs, cent signs, and more. The game also features several low-paying symbols, including J, Q, K, and A.
The game isn’t that impressive visually. Even though it’s pretty sparkly and shiny, you can tell that it’s old. The game doesn’t have any complex animations, and the design is pretty simple. However, given that the original game is really old, it’s safe to say that the developers and designers wanted to retain that vintage look in the game without making any significant updates.
First of all, you have to choose a coin denomination ranging from $0.01 to $0.10. Then you need to select the number of coins you want to bet in the following spin. You’re actually presented with only five options: 50, 100, 150, 250, and 500. Vintage slots are made with this standard way of betting, but it seems outdated when playing new online video slots. Strictly speaking, the lowest bet you can make is $0.50, while the highest is $50.
The game has 243 paylines, and you’ll always play all 243 lines for any bet you make because the betting amount doesn’t have to do anything with paylines.
Are there any jackpots available?
Yes, there are. Capital Gains slot offers four non-progressive jackpots: mini, minor, major, and grand. The amount is fixed but depends on your betting denomination. If you decide to bet $0.10 coins, you’ll be able to earn the following prizes:
- Mini — $100
- Minor — $500
- Major — $5,000
- Grand — $100,000
Capital Gains bonus features
If there’s one thing that makes Capital Gains stand out from the pack, it’s the fact that it has five different bonus features. It’s quite a complex game when you take all these features and how they work into account. Still, it doesn’t take much to get into the swing of things, as the slot has rather standard gameplay.
Free spins bonus
You have an opportunity to win six, nine, 12 or 15 free spins, with 50, 100, 150 or 200 wild symbols added to the reels during the bonus round. You can retrigger the free spins, meaning you can win additional free spins.
Cash vault feature
Now, this is where things get a bit tricky. You don’t trigger the free spins bonus by landing a bonus symbol (represented by a vault in this game). Instead, when you land three or more vaults, you’ll trigger the cash vault feature.
When that happens, a second screen will appear, presenting two vaults. One of the features is the money charge bonus, while the other has free spins. You’ll trigger the bonus feature based on the vault you pick.
Money charge bonus
Another way to trigger the money charge bonus is to land six or more money charge symbols in any position during the base game. Once the bonus starts, all the money charge symbols are locked in their positions while other positions become independent reels. If you triggered this bonus via the cash vault feature, you wouldn’t find any starting money charge symbols.
Next, you’ll get three initial free spins. For every money charge symbol you land during this feature, the free spins counter resets back to three, and the feature continues. It ends once you run out of free spins or collect 15 money charge symbols, covering all available positions on the grid.
Each money charge symbol comes with a certain value, all values paid out once the bonus feature ends. You can actually win one of the bonuses via this feature, with some bonuses available more than once. The grand bonus, however, is only available once per money charge bonus.
Capital Gains features the wild symbol, substituting any other symbol on the reels except for the vault and the money charge symbols. The wild appears on reels two, three, four, and five, helping lucky players create long combinations.
PowerXStream is a feature present in many AGS slots, including Capital Gains. It essentially gives you more opportunities to create big wins. Consider it a boost to standard payouts.
Who is this online slot ideal for?
Even though Capital Gains seems complex at first, it’s definitely not that difficult to play. Therefore, it’s safe to say that the game is perfect for professional and intermediate slot players. However, we wouldn’t advise playing Capital Gains if you don’t have prior experience playing slots and do not understand basic concepts, such as paylines, reels, wilds, and more.
Where can I play this slot online?
Capital Gains is available both in online and land-based casinos, and you can find the land-based version in almost any casino in Canada. However, the online version is not that present, so you’ll have to look to find the online casino featuring games by AGS.
What’s great about this game?
Capital Gains is a very popular land-based title, and many online players enjoy spinning the reels of the game’s digital version. Here are some of the biggest advantages of this game:
- Plenty of bonus features — Capital Gains has five different bonus features that are still interconnected in interesting ways and give players more opportunities to win fruitful prizes.
- Lucrative bonuses — You can win four great non-progressive bonuses via the money charge bonus.
- High RTP — The game has an RTP of 95.96%, which is a pretty decent figure for online slots.
- 243 paylines — Capital Gains has a total of 243 possible ways to make a winning combination.
What would make this online slot better?
Capital Gains is popular, but we wouldn’t dare call it a perfect slot. In fact, it has several drawbacks that we would like to point out and discuss possible solutions to.
- Betting options — Players cannot manually set the number of coins but only pick one of the available five options. This could be a simple but useful improvement to make Capital Gains better and give more freedom to players.
- Design update — Even though the idea was to retain the original design of the land-based slot, a couple of visual tweaks could really improve the game.
- Complexity — The game isn’t that complex, but it can still be confusing to new players, given that it has five different bonus features. The way these features are represented in the Help section could be improved to make it easier for players to understand.
Free to Play AGS Slots Online
- Graphics and design — 3/5: The game looks old and outdated rather than vintage, which was the designers’ original idea. We believe it could still retain the original look but be improved to look more slick and modern.
- Sound effects — 3/5: Capital Gains’s sound effects are good enough to attract players and keep them entertained. Still, they are pretty basic, meaning the game needs further improvement in this aspect as well.
- Jackpot value — 5/5: Jackpots aren’t progressive but are still very lucrative, and players can even win more than one jackpot (except grand) during a single feature.
- Replay value — 5/5: Despite some drawbacks, Capital Gains is still a very popular title with an above-average RTP and plenty of bonus features. Many land-based casinos feature it for good reasons, but it’s also very popular among online players. It’s definitely a game you’ll return to many times if you liked it at first.