Cash Eruption is an online video slot released by IGT. The game combines the classic fruit slot theme with ancient civilizations, creating a unique blend that appeals to both experienced and new slot players.
This 5×3 slot features innovative and immersive gameplay enriched by animations inside and outside the main grid. Moreover, it has 20 fixed paylines and 4 fixed jackpots. Like many other slot machines by IGT, Cash Eruption offers a decent RTP — 96%. It also boasts several interesting bonus features that can help you score a big win.
If you want to learn more about Cash Eruption, feel free to read our overview of the game. We’ll cover its theme and visuals, symbols, betting options, jackpots, bonus rounds, and much more.
Most Popular Games
Theme and visuals
There isn’t a particular reason why the developers and designers in IGT decided to combine these two themes (fruits and ancient civilizations), aside from the fact that they are both very popular. Like it or not, fruit slots are still one of the biggest sub-categories in the world of online slots, along with those inspired by ancient Mayan or Aztec cultures.
Cash Eruption was released in August 2020. It has all the visuals present in modern-day slots, including smooth and engaging animations and a beautiful grid and background design, both of which are inspired by ancient art and architecture.
Despite the slick design and vivid animations, the game is well optimized and loads instantly in your browser, so it’s safe to say that IGT has done a great job with it.
The slot features 20 fixed paylines. The minimum coin value is 0.01, meaning you’ll be able to bet a minimum of 0.20 per spin. The maximum value is 2.00, so the max amount you can bet per spin is 40.00. Changing the value of your coin will also affect the size of your Mini, Minor, and Major jackpot, while the Grand jackpot will remain unchanged.
Unsurprisingly, this leads us to the next section — jackpots.
Are there any jackpots available?
Yes, there are. Cash Eruption features four fixed jackpots — Mini, Minor, Major, and Grand. The amounts you can win from the three low-tier jackpots will change as you adjust your betting amount. At 0.20 per spin, they are:
- Mini – 1.00
- Minor – 5.00
- Major – 20.00
However, if you change the amount to 40.00 per spin, here’s how much you can earn from them:
- Mini – 200.00
- Minor – 1,000.00
- Major – 4,000.00
The Grand jackpot is the most lucrative of all four, and its amount remains unchanged, regardless of your bet size — 10,000.00.
Cash Eruption bonus features
Cash Eruption has three major bonus features, so let’s take a brief look at all of them and learn how they can help you claim a big win.
Cash Eruption comes with the free spin bonus. If you land three or more volcano free spin symbols on the reel, you’ll trigger the initial six free spins. Linked jumbo symbols will be present on the three middle reels, increasing your chances of scoring a big win. Landing the volcano symbol during the free spins round will result in three additional free spins.
The wild symbol, represented by an empress, has the power to substitute any other symbol. It appears on reels 2, 3, 4, and 5 and can expand to cover the entire reel if there’s a possibility of creating a winning combination. The only two symbols that cannot be substituted by the wild are the fireball and volcano, both of which are special symbols themselves.
Cash Eruption feature
Cash Eruption is basically the main feature in the game. As you spin the reels, you’ll notice the animated fireball symbols landing on the grid. If you manage to land six or more during a single spin, you’ll start the Cash Eruption bonus, which will unlock the opportunity to win one of the jackpots.
Six or more fireballs will start the initial three free spins. Every time a fireball lands during this feature, the counter resets back to three free spins, and the symbols remain locked in place. Fireball symbols have a prize value for Mini, Minor, or Major jackpot. However, if you fill all 15 positions with a Fireball, you’ll receive the Grand jackpot, which is the highest prize in the game.
This feature ends if there are no new fireball symbols for three rounds or if you manage to collect all 15 symbols and win the Grand jackpot.
Who is this online slot ideal for?
Cash Eruption is an easy slot to play. It has a rather standard grid structure, and other features are pretty common too — in fact, the Cash Eruption feature is the only one that is a bit out of the ordinary. Still, it’s easy to understand, so the game is suitable for complete beginners and expert slot players alike. However, if you’re a progressive jackpot fan, you might want to skip on Cash Eruption, as all jackpots in the game are fixed.
Where can I play this slot online?
Cash Eruption is a fairly popular game, and you can play it on a wide array of online gambling platforms that are licensed and regulated in Ontario, including Golden Nugget Online Casino, BetRivers Casino, and others.
What’s great about this game?
Overall, Cash Eruption is a great game, and here are some of the things that make it stand out from the pack:
- Three bonus features — Apart from the free spins, this game also offers the expanding wilds and Cash Eruption features.
- Blend of traditional and modern — With all its great animations and slick design, the slot looks quite modern. However, it’s inspired by some very common themes, and the majority of symbols on the reels are fruits.
- Ease of use — Cash Eruption is as straightforward as it gets. All you have to do is choose the betting amount and click on the Spin button to set the reels in motion.
- Jackpots — The game offers four fixed jackpots — although, technically speaking, the Mini, Minor, and Major are not exactly fixed, as the amount changes depending on your deposit amount. However, they aren’t progressive either.
What would make this online slot better?
Even though Cash Eruption is a great game, it could be improved further if some of the following things were addressed.
- Progressive jackpot — Although there are four jackpots, they aren’t really lucrative since they’re fixed. The Grand jackpot should be progressive, as it would encourage the players to spin the reels of Cash Eruption more frequently.
- Adjustable paylines — There are 20 fixed paylines. However, most players like to have more freedom and set the number of active lines themselves.
- More auto spin options — You can select only 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 automatic spins. Ideally, the auto spin feature should allow the players to choose even more spins or set the conditions when they want their auto spins to stop.
- Graphics and design — 5/5: The game has a fresh, slick, and modern design, even though it incorporates some of the well-known elements, such as fruit symbols. The combination of modern and vintage is what makes this slot stand out.
- Sound effects — 4/5: The sound effects are spot on. The only downside is that they aren’t different from the ones used in similar slots.
- Jackpot value — 3/5: Even though there are four jackpots, they are fixed. Plus, if you make small bets, the Mini, Minor, and Major jackpots will be just like regular prizes (as they increase when you increase your bets). If only one of the jackpots were progressive, it would give a whole new perspective to the game.
- Replay value — 4/5: The game offers a range of interesting bonus features that are definitely going to make you come back for more every once in a while.