Divine Fortune is an ancient Greece-themed online slot from NetEnt, an industry leader in gaming software. It is created primarily for online casinos, and users can play it on both desktop and mobile devices utilizing different platforms.
The base game of the slot is quite simple, with a 5×3 grid and 20 paylines. However, this is not to say that the game is uneventful and tedious. Quite the contrary, the title contains several special features, including Falling Wilds Re-Spins, Wild on Wild Feature, Free Spins Feature, and a Jackpot Bonus Game with two non-progressive and one progressive jackpot.
If you want to learn more about the inner workings of this game, join us for a comprehensive review.
Most Popular Games
Theme and visuals
Divine Fortune takes players on a trip back in time to Ancient Greece. In the background, you can see the contours of a temple with a caryatid supporting the structure on each side of the game window.
Naturally, the symbols include the typical Greek Mythology characters, so you can see the falcon, the minotaur, the Nemean lion, and Medusa as the high-paying symbols. The low-paying symbols include card royals — jack, queen, king, and the Greek delta letter. In addition to these standard symbols, the game also utilizes special ones, such as the Pegasus wild, the Free Spins symbol, and the Bonus symbol.
The high-paying symbols become animated when they form a winning combination, and the Pegasus wild expands to an entire reel during certain parts of the game. As one would expect, the gaming experience is supported by an orchestral background score, and clanking sound effects accompany the spins.
Before you can spin the reels and reveal your potential rewards, you need to set a couple of betting parameters — the coin value and the betting level. The coin value can range between 0.01 and 0.50, and you can choose between ten different betting levels, each of which is associated with a specific bet value, as outlined below:
- Level 1 — 20 credits
- Level 2 — 40 credits
- Level 3 — 60 credits
- Level 4 — 80 credits
- Level 5 — 100 credits
- Level 6 — 120 credits
- Level 7 — 140 credits
- Level 8 — 160 credits
- Level 9 — 180 credits
- Level 10 — 200 credits
The total bet is calculated as the coin value multiplied by the bet value, so it can range between $0.20 and $100. The total bet you settle at influences the amount of the minor and major jackpots you will be eligible for, but it doesn’t influence the mega jackpot, which is progressive.
Are there any jackpots available?
Yes, the online slot Divine Fortune features three jackpots — the minor and the major non-progressive jackpots, the size of which depends on your total bet and the mega jackpot, which is progressive and can reach hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Depending on the amount of your total bet, you may become eligible for a minor jackpot of between $4.00 and $2,000 and a major jackpot ranging from $20.00 and $10,000. At the time of writing, the mega jackpot amount in Divine Fortune was around $94,500.
These jackpots can be triggered only during the Jackpot Bonus Game we’ll describe in more detail below.
Divine Fortune bonus features
Divine Fortune has a lot to offer in terms of special features. During each game round, you can hope to initiate one of four features — Falling Wild Re-Spins, Wild on Wild, Free Spins, or Jackpot Bonus Game.
Falling Wild re-Spins
The Pegasus wild symbol in Divine Fortune does much more than substituting the regular symbols. Each time it appears on the reels, the winning combination it forms is awarded, and the wild falls to the position in the lower row, triggering the Falling Wild Re-Spins feature.
The feature lasts as long as new wilds appear on the reels, and it can be triggered both during the base game and the Free Spins feature. We should also mention that when three or more Bonus symbols appear during this feature, the Jackpot Bonus game is triggered.
When at least three Free Spins symbols land on the reels during the Falling Wild Re-Spins, the Free Spins bonus feature is awarded before any remaining Falling Wild Re-Spins.
Wild on Wild feature
The Wild on Wild feature is activated when a wild lands on a position that already held a wild during the previous spin. Once this happens, the wild symbol expands over the entire reel, showcasing the animated Pegasus flapping his wings. The feature then continues into the Falling Wilds Re-Spins feature.
Free Spins feature
To trigger the Free Spins feature in Divine Fortune, you need to land at least three Free Spins symbols on any position on the reels. The number of spins you get depends on the number of symbols, in the following order:
- Three Free Spin symbols — Five free spins
- Four Free Spin symbols — Eight free spins
- Five Free Spin symbols — 12 free spins
Any wild symbol that lands during the feature automatically becomes a Wild on Wild, expanding over the entire reel and triggering the Falling Wild Re-Spins feature. The Free Spins feature can be triggered during the base game and the Falling Wild Re-Spins feature, but it can’t be re-triggered.
Jackpot bonus game
To get a chance to win one of three jackpots available in Divine Fortune, you must collect at least three Bonus symbols during the base game or the Falling Wild Re-Spins feature.
Once the Jackpot Bonus game is activated, an alternative set of reels appears with the collected Bonus symbols in random positions. Each of the Jackpot Bonus Games consists of three spins, during which the vacant positions spin for a chance to add more bonus symbols.
Every time a new Bonus symbol lands on the reels during the feature, it holds its place and the spin count is set back to three. The goal is to fill as many positions on the reels until the feature ends.
After the feature ends, players can win one of the three jackpots, depending on the number of rows they’ve filled with Bonus symbols. One row brings the Minor jackpot, two rows award the Major jackpot, whereas three full rows bring the Mega Jackpot.
The jackpot awards can be won only during the Jackpot Bonus Game, at the rate of one jackpot per feature.
Who is Divine Fortune ideal for?
Divine Fortune is a bonus game with many bonus features, so it may not be suitable for absolute beginners. The type of players that would appreciate this kind of game the most are slot fans with some experience and those who love the Ancient Greece theme.
Where can I play Divine Fortune online?
Divine Fortune is not only one of NetEnt’s most popular titles but one of the most popular online slots in general. Therefore, you can play it in almost any online casino with a high-quality gaming portfolio, most notably DraftKings Casino and FanDuel.
What’s great about Divine Fortune?
Our comprehensive review of Divine Fortune reveals why this is one of the most commonly played slot games at the moment. It has a plethora of exciting characteristics, some of which include:
- A wide range of betting levels — This game allows you to bet from as little as $0.20 to as much as $100, making it suitable for gambling budgets of any size.
- High RTP — Divine Fortune has an RTP of 96.60%, an unusually high percentage for a slot with a progressive jackpot.
- Many bonus features — Not only do the four bonus features in Divine Fortune make the game incredibly dynamic and exciting, but they also bring a ton of free rounds and can result in some sweet wins.
- Excellent graphics and visuals — The game’s graphics are masterfully done, and the visuals won’t disappoint even the pickiest of players. Although abounding with Ancient Greek symbolism, the theme is still not overpowering and has just the right amount of animated features.
What would make Divine Fortune better?
However satisfactory our experience with Divine Fortune might have been, there are still a few points of improvement we should take into consideration, such as:
- More progressive jackpots — Although this is not a huge drawback and the jackpot amounts are decent, we think that making all three jackpots progressive would make the game much better.
- It may be too complex for beginners — SInce it contains four bonus features, Divine Fortune may not be an ideal choice for beginners who are just entering the world of online slot games.
Free to Play NetEnt Slots Online
- Graphics and design — 5/5: Divine Fortune features superb, high-quality graphics and an amazing design that fans of Ancient Greek themes will love.
- Sound effects — 5/5: Although the slot’s background music has the same tone and mood throughout the gambling session, it doesn’t feel repetitive or boring. What’s more, the sound effects accompany the game dynamics perfectly.
- Jackpot value — 5/5: This title features a progressive mega jackpot that can reach hundreds of thousands of dollars, an excellent sum and the main appeal of this game.
- Replay value — 5/5: Divine Fortune is an outstanding title adored by slot game fans everywhere. With so many fantastic bonus features and a lucrative jackpot, it’s unlikely to bore players anytime soon.