The Dragon Power slot is a product of a lesser-known software provider called Wild Streak Gaming. It’s a 2019 title played across five reels and three rows, containing 50 fixed paylines. Although it’s not a highly popular slot, Dragon Power has a lot to offer, namely its interesting and potentially rewarding bonus features. It is a game of high variance, and four local jackpots dubbed mini, minor, major, and grand. The game’s RTP sits at 95.69%.
If you want to learn more about this game, including which Ontario casinos currently have it on offer, feel free to browse through our full review of Dragon Power below.
Most Popular Games
Theme and visuals
Dragon Power is another one in a line of East Asian-themed video slots. Its symbols mostly consist of animals like monkeys, tigers, roosters, and fish, joined by a dragon (wild) and symbols that trigger the bonus features — golden ingot and blue and golden orbs.
The game looks alright, although we couldn’t help but feel its graphics are a bit outdated. Based on the game’s visuals, it feels a decade old, so we were quite surprised that it actually got released in 2019. The soundtrack and sound effects stay true to the game’s theme, but they are a bit repetitive. Luckily, you will have the option of turning the sound off.
You can set your total bet by pressing the Bet Down and Bet Up buttons located in the bottom right corner next to the coins. You can also set the coin value through the setting button. The coin value ranges from $0.01 to $1 and is multiplied by the number of paylines that are fixed at 50, meaning that the total bet can range from $0.5 to $50 per spin.
You can press the spin button manually or set the number of automated spins anywhere from five to 100 through the setting tab.
Are there any jackpots available?
Yes, Dragon Power features four jackpots. You can win each of them by filling out the screen with corresponding orb symbols. Each jackpot’s value is shown at the top of the screen, determined by your total bet. Here are the jackpots’ names and their associated prizes when betting the maximum amount ($50):
- Mini — $500
- Minor — $2,500
- Major — $12,500
- Grand — $200,000
Dragon Power is not tied to any progressive jackpots.
Dragon Power bonus features
The main attribute of Dragon Power is its bonus features, which there are quite a few of. Keeping track of all the symbols that unlock these features might be a bit overwhelming at first, but it’s not that complicated. Here is how each of the bonus features works.
Dragon Power feature
This is the main feature of the game and potentially the most rewarding one. While spinning the reels, you may notice some blue and golden orbs, each carrying a denomination or the name of one of the jackpots.
Once six orbs of the same colour appear after a single spin, a player gets three respins. The orbs stay in place during the respins, and if any additional ones land on the reels, the respin counter is reset to three. The feature will end once there are no more respins or if the entire layout is filled with orbs.
After the feature ends, you will get all prizes shown on the orbs, including one of the first three jackpots. If all symbol positions are covered with either blue or golden orbs, you will win the grand jackpot.
Golden Orb feature
The game’s middle reel might get covered with golden orbs on all three positions on random spins. The golden orbs will then act as both the wild, substituting all other symbols bar the scatter, and the blue orb, allowing a chance for the Dragon Power Feature to trigger.
Free spins feature
Dragon Power also has a free spins game unlocked once three or more scatters (golden ingots) appear on adjacent reels. Any three, four, or five scatters award eight, 15, or 25 free spins, respectively.
During the free spins round, every win comes with a random multiplier. The multipliers include 2x, 3x, 5x, 8x, 10x, 15x, 20x, and 25x. The feature is played with the same amount of coins as when it was triggered. Getting three or more scatters to appear during the round will add more free spins to the total, and there’s no limit as to how many times the free spins game can be re-triggered.
Who is Dragon Power ideal for?
All online slot players might find something interesting about this video slot. Those who enjoy jackpot games will like the fact that Dragon Power has several local jackpots, with the most rewarding one worth a staggering $200,000. Also, multiple bonus features cater to players who are a bit bored of basic slots and are looking for unique, entertaining elements.
While the game isn’t exactly complicated, beginner players might find all these different features overwhelming and are advised to start with some simpler slots.
Where can I play Dragon Power online?
Dragon Power has already found itself on many casino sites in Ontario, with others being likely to include it in the following period. Some online casinos where you might run into this video slot include BetMGM Online Casino, Caesars Casino, and Stars Online Casino. Many of these sites will also allow you to test the game for free, see first-hand how it looks and feels and decide whether you like it before playing slots for real money.
What’s great about Dragon Power?
Dragon Power has plenty of qualities that make it a worthwhile title, so don’t let the game’s low popularity affect you. Here’s what we think is great about it:
- Bonus features — With three different bonus features, Dragon Power makes for exciting gameplay and a lot of replay value.
- Jackpots — The game’s four jackpots create more than enough incentive to keep spinning and hoping to win the “grand” one. Unlike many other jackpot slots, Dragon Power does not force you to wager the maximum amount to be eligible for a jackpot win.
- Flexible betting limits — Betting between $0.50 and $50 per spin is a solid enough range to make the game fit all bankroll sizes.
What would make Dragon Power better?
Of course, Dragon Power is far from being a perfect video slot, and there are a few reasons why we feel it didn’t grab the attention of many slot players, including:
- Underwhelming visuals and sound effects — We honestly expected more from a 2019 release. The artwork looks a bit cheap, while the music and animations are pretty basic.
- Average RTP — The RTP of the game is 95.69%, which is not bad, but it’s also not a figure that will make players come rushing in.
- Complicated features — While we like that Dragon Power has several unique features, a few of them are a bit complicated to follow and are not clear from the get-go. The somewhat confusing and poorly designed rules page doesn’t help either.
Free to Play NextGen Slots Online
- Graphics and design — 2/5: This is probably the weakest aspect of the game. The artwork doesn’t look polished at all, the animations are outdated, and the design of the control panel is a bit rigid.
- Sound effects — 2/5: Dragon Power’s music and sound effects stay true to the game’s East Asian theme, but the on-loop soundtrack going is only about ten seconds long and will likely make you turn it off after a while.
- Jackpot value — 4/5: You won’t find a progressive jackpot in this game, but the four local jackpots are more than enough to keep your hopes up. While betting the maximum amount, the grand jackpot rises to $200,000.
- Replay value — 5/5: Dragon Power has excellent replay value, as you probably won’t discover all of its features during your first gameplay, while it’s also likely that you’ll need to play the game at least a few times to win that elusive grand jackpot.