Dragon Spin is an online slot game by Bally, one of the leading online and land-based casino game providers in Canada. The game is essentially an Asian-themed slot, featuring various dragon characters as high-paying symbols on the reels.
The Dragon Spin online slot is a relatively simple and straightforward game. It features a 5×3 grid with 30 paylines during the base game. However, the grid can expand during one of the bonus features and start offering 90 paylines on a 5×9 grid, but we’ll get to that later. The RTP for this game is 95.94%, which is slightly above the industry average.
The Dragon Spin slot machine is available at a number of online casinos in Canada, our review will provide with information on where and how to play.
Most Popular Games
Themes and visuals
The online slot game is inspired by the concept of dragons, which is recurrent in Chinese culture and tradition. Players will see all kinds of these mythical creatures on the reels, as they are the high-paying symbols in Dragon Spin.
Overall, the game isn’t very attractive visually. Like many other games by Bally, the Dragon Spin slot machine looks a bit outdated, with few animations and poorly drawn symbols. Simply put, when compared to some industry-leading titles, such as Book of Dead by Play’n GO or Starburst by NetEnt, one could easily spot the existing visual gap. Its base theme looks like it was developed in 2007 rather than 2017.
To play Dragon Spin for real money, you’ll need to set a bet, ranging from $0.30 to $120. That’s pretty much it — as soon as you select the amount that suits your budget, you can click on the Spin button. Alternatively, you could use the auto spin feature and pick the number of automatic spins you want to be played at the selected wager. You can select 10, 50, 100, or 200 auto spins or set the condition for stopping this feature.
Are there any jackpots available?
There aren’t any jackpots in Dragon Spin, but that doesn’t mean you cannot win hefty prizes. In fact, the most fortunate players can win lucrative prizes, especially if they get lucky during one of the free spins features.
Additional slot machine features
Dragon Spins may not be a visual wonderland, but sometimes the true value of a slot doesn’t come from its looks. Bonus features are what sets Dragon Spin slot from others. Namely, its biggest advantage comes in the shape of several pretty exciting bonus rounds that can land you a lucrative reward.
Mystery stacked reels
There are stacked mystery symbol positions on every reel, which are replaced with a random symbol when the spin is initiated. In other words, all mystery symbol positions are replaced with the randomly selected symbol to increase your chances of creating a winning combination. Mystery symbol positions can be filled by any symbol except the bonus one.
Dragon spin bonus feature
If you land three scattered bonus symbols on the three middle reels, you’ll activate the Dragon Spin Bonus feature, which includes one spin of the Dragon Spin Wheel. The wheel consists of three categories:
- Raining Wilds
- Reel Blast
- Persisting Wilds
Each of these is a different type of bonus round, and the one selected on the wheel will be activated. Let’s explore them.
Raining Wilds free games
If the wheel lands on Raining Wilds, you’ll receive five free games. During every free round, 3–10 wilds will be randomly inserted on the grid. Once the reels stop, your chances of creating a big combo will be significantly higher compared to the base game.
Persisting Wilds free games
This feature is similar to raining wilds, except that the wild symbols stay locked in place during all five free games. Up to two wilds will be randomly inserted on the first three spins. You may get up to three wild symbols during the fourth spin, and the final spin awards two to seven symbols.
In other words, the minimum number of wilds in this bonus feature is 6, and the maximum is 16.
Reel Blast free games
This free games feature is slightly different, as you won’t receive any sticky or persisting wilds. Instead, the grid will expand to 5×9 and 90 paylines. Essentially, you’ll get to spin three different 5×3 grids during this feature, thus increasing your chances for a big win.
Who is this online slot ideal for?
If you’re the kind of player who doesn’t pay a lot of attention to the graphics of a casino game, the Dragon Spin online slot might be the game for you. Even though it’s a visual humdrum, blending with an array of similar Asian-themed slots, don’t be fooled by its appearance. The game actually offers some quality content once you scratch under the surface, mainly thanks to the exciting bonus rounds.
On the other hand, if you’re after smooth animations and eye candy, you might want to skip this one (or many other titles by Bally) and choose games by developers that specialize in online slots, such as NetEnt and AGS.
Where can I play this slot online?
Dragon Spin is a relatively popular online slot game, and you’ll be able to find it in many online casinos, including the gambling platforms that are licensed and registered by the official Ontario gambling commission. This includes BetMGM Casino, DraftKings Casino, and Golden Nugget Casino.
Each platform offers lucrative welcome bonuses for new players, so feel free to check out their reviews on our site and pick the online casino that meets your needs. Our team of experts has covered these sites in detail, including their respective bonuses, game portfolios, security, payment methods, customer support, and more.
What’s great about this game?
Here are some of the main advantages of playing Dragon Spin
- An array of bonus features — You’ll get a chance to trigger one of the three free spin games via the Dragon Spin bonus feature and enjoy a wide range of benefits, including raining wilds, persistent wilds, and an extended grid.
- Simplicity and intuitiveness — Dragon Spins is a relatively clear-cut game. All you have to do is select the betting amount and click on the Spin button to set the reels into motion.
- Decent RTP — The RTP is above 95%, which is always a good thing, as it’s above the average payout percentage in online slots.
What would make this online slot better?
Bally could further improve Dragon Spin by paying attention to the following things:
- Outdated graphics — Dragon Spin simply looks old — it’s not even that charming vintage feel that some games have. Improving the game’s visual aspect will definitely give it a huge boost among players who find this aspect important in online slots.
- More intuitive interface — Even though the basic controls are simple, the game could be somewhat confusing if you decide to play around with other options, such as auto spin, portrait/landscape toggle, and more. These should be made more user-friendly.
- No jackpots — There aren’t any jackpots in the game, fixed or progressive. Some players may consider this a significant drawback.
Free to Play Bally Slots Online
- Graphics and design — 2/5: The game needs a lot of improvement in this aspect. It looks old and outdated for a game released in 2017.
- Sound effects — 2/5: The mix of traditional Asian and electronic music simply doesn’t blend well with the design, making the game seem a little off.
- Jackpot value — 3/5: Even though the game doesn’t have any big jackpots, you can still win a decent amount of money if you’re lucky enough to get the most from the free spins bonus features.
- Replay value — 4/5: The game may not look nice at first glance, but it’s fun and immersive if you’re the type of player who enjoys discovering all bonus features. In fact, there are four different features in Dragon Spin (five, if you count the Dragon Spin bonus feature).