Created by Konami, Gipsy Fire is an online video slot inspired by fortune tellers and their ability to predict the future. It’s a relatively simple online video slot featuring 30 paylines and a 5×3 grid structure.
The game offers an interesting free spins bonus feature, in addition to two special symbols. Its RTP is 96.06%, which makes it a high-paying online video slot.
You’ll find two versions of this game in most online casinos. One of them is simply called Gipsy Fire, while the other is named Gipsy Fire with Quick Strike. Essentially, they are the same game, except for the fact that the Quick Strike option features a two-level mystery progressive jackpot that you can win randomly during the game. Because of that, however, the RTP for Quick Strike is 90.19%, which is much below the industry average.
In this review, we’ll focus on the standard Gipsy Fire version and cover the Quick Strike option in the section about progressive jackpots. Read on.
Most Popular Games
Theme and visuals
Visually speaking, Gypsy Fire isn’t that great. The game was released back in 2014, so there are fewer animations compared to modern-day online video slots. Also, the illustrations and the overall design are pretty simple. However, Konami likes to keep its slots as straightforward as possible, and you’ll see that when we describe the bonus feature.
The game is inspired by the concept of Gypsy magic. Some of the symbols you’ll find on the reels are an empty cup of coffee, a magic book, a ring, and a fortune-teller. There are also six low-paying symbols: 9, 10, J, Q, K, and A.
To start playing the game, you need to set the denomination first, and the available options are $0.01, $0.05, $0.1, and $0.25. You’ll always have to bet 30 coins per spin, but you can choose 1, 2 or 5 bets per line, which means you can place 30, 60 or 150 coins per spin.
The minimum amount you’re allowed to deposit is $0.30 (30 coins at $0.01), while the maximum is $37.5 (150 coins at $0.25).
You can use the Max Bet option to set your betting amount to the maximum possible. Also, the game features the Auto Play button, where you can set 10, 25, 50, 100, 200 or 500 automatic spins.
Are there any jackpots available?
The game’s standard version doesn’t feature a jackpot, but the Quick Strike option offers a two-level progressive jackpot — Mini and Major. The Mini jackpot usually ranges from $100 to $200, whereas the Major one is between $1,000 and $3,000.
Gipsy Fire bonus features
Let’s take a look at the Free Games feature — the only bonus feature available in this game.
Free Game feature
The Gypsy Fire icon is the bonus symbol and scatter. If you land 3, 4 or 5 bonus symbols, you’ll trigger 8, 12 or 20 free games, respectively. This feature can be extended if you land additional 2, 3, 4 or 5 Gypsy Fire icons, and they will result in 5, 8, 12 or 20 free games, respectively.
The game features a pearl symbol, which acts as a wild and can substitute any other symbol except the Gypsy Fire one. However, every pearl that you land during the free spins game will be substituted by a multiplier symbol — 2x, 3x, 4x or 5x. These can also replace any other symbol except for the scatter. If one of them is part of a winning combination, it will multiply your winning amount by the number indicated on the symbol.
The free spins round is played at the same bet amount that was active when the feature was triggered.
Who is Gypsy Fire ideal for?
Gypsy Fire is perfect for complete beginners. It has features and symbols that are considered standard for many online video slots. As a result, new players will have a chance to explore concepts such as a wild, a scatter, and a free spins bonus round. If you’re an experienced slot lover, you might find Gypsy Fire a bit dull, as there aren’t many things going on.
Where can I play Gypsy Fire online?
Even though Konami is one of the most famous entertainment companies in the world, it’s not as popular in the online gambling industry. Still, some of its beloved titles, including Gypsy Fire, are available in many online casinos in ON, including some of the licensed platforms, such as Golden Nugget, BetMGM, and others.
Gypsy Fire is definitely one of the most important slots this company has developed. Still, it’s not nearly as popular as some of the market-leading titles, such as Book of Dead or Starburst. As a result, there are still plenty of online casinos that do not feature this game in their respective casino game portfolios.
What’s great about Gypsy Fire?
These are a couple of characteristics that have made Gypsy Fire popular among slot lovers:
- Free spins feature — This feature includes various multipliers that will increase your prize if they become part of the winning combination. Moreover, free spins can be retriggered if you land two or more scatter symbols during the bonus round.
- Great RTP — The RTP for the standard Gypsy Fire game is 96.06%, which makes it a high-paying video slot. However, the version with the progressive jackpot has a significantly lower RTP.
- Easy to play — When you think about it, slots are generally not difficult games to play — all you have to do is set the betting amount and click on the Spin button. Yet, some games can be pretty confusing due to the huge number of symbols and bonus features. Gypsy Fire isn’t one of them, as the game is as simple as it gets.
What would make Gipsy Fire better?
Gypsy Fire also has a couple of drawbacks. Improving them would make this game much better. Let’s take a look at them.
- Visuals — Gypsy Fire feels old and outdated. Simply put, there are not enough animations or other engaging elements that would increase the game’s immersion level. Konami should definitely consider updating the visual aspect of the game to make it even better.
- Low Gypsy Fire Quick Strike RTP — We’ve already said that the standard option has a great RTP percentage. However, if you choose to play the version with the progressive jackpot, RTP will decrease to as little as 90.19%, which is too low, even for a progressive slot.
- Confusing betting system — First, you need to select the coin denomination. For instance, you can bet at least 30 coins. However, you can also bet 2x bets per line (60 coins) or 5x bets per line (150 coins). You need to be careful when setting the denomination and bet per line, as it may be a bit confusing.
- Graphics and design — 3/5: Let’s address the elephant in the room — the game definitely needs to have better graphics and design. It doesn’t even feel vintage — it just feels outdated.
- Sound effects — 3/5: The sound effects in this game are standard at best. You’ll hear the clinking and clanking when you spin the reels, followed by standard victorious fanfares if you make a winning combination. Other than that, the game doesn’t really feature any music.
- Jackpot value — 3/5: The standard version doesn’t feature a jackpot, while the Quick Strike offers Mini and Major jackpots. The Mini one goes up to $200, while the Major jackpot can increase up to $3,000. Still, these jackpots are far too low compared to many other games with progressive jackpots.
- Replay value — 4/ 5: Even though the game feels a bit outdated, it’s still considered a classic title, and many online slot players love returning to this digital one-armed bandit. Therefore, we’d say that it definitely has something that makes players come back for more.