If you have ever imagined what an alien invasion would look like, you probably weren’t thinking about large bovine creatures hovering around in spaceships with udder-shaped lasers zapping people away to another planet. Well, think again. Invaders from the Planet Moolah by WMS is a slot game that brings that quirky theme to life and pairs it with exciting gameplay features for a unique gaming experience.
In Invaders from the Planet Moolah, you can expect to see the cascading reels feature that lets you link multiple wins together that might trigger the free spins bonus round where you can claim up to 50 free spins. Chip in a non-progressive jackpot prize activated with special symbols, and you get one of the most successful slots WMS has ever created. Read on for a complete breakdown of the game and its characteristics.
Most Popular Games
Theme and Visuals
Probably the most entertaining thing about Invaders from Planet Moolah besides the gameplay is its design and theme. From the moment you open the game, it will feel like you have stepped into an ‘80s space-themed arcade game. The backdrop is characterized by cartoonish images of planets, while the central part of the screen is reserved for the playing grid.
What’s more, Invaders from the Planet Moolah found a way to combine farm life, a trailer park family, and cows from outer space. Five alien cows fly in their saucers above the reels to “abduct” the symbols that form the winning combos to make way for other symbols to take their place and extend the winning streak.
The game’s main symbols are members of a redneck family, farm animals, out house, and other farm-related items that have been beautifully crafted to suit the sci-fi nature of the game.
The audio effects are also in perfect harmony with the game’s theme and design. The buzzing and beeping sounds are heard throughout the rounds, with a little extra flair coming from occasional moos heard when the game’s wild is a part of the winning combo.
The betting limit in Invaders from the Planet Moolah goes between $0.25 and $125 per spin. The total bet is represented by the number of lines multiplied by the cash bet on each set between $0.01 and $5. With a flexible range of betting levels, the game can cater to the needs of both novice and experienced players alike.
Of course, the higher the bet, the bigger the payouts. The game developers have set the maximum payout at $250,000. However, it is on the casinos to decide how much they want the slot to pay.
Are There Any Jackpots Available?
The Invaders from the Planet Moolah slot game does not offer a standard jackpot system with either progressive and non-progressive prizes you can find in other online slot games. But that does not mean hefty payouts are outside of your reach.
Namely, by landing at least three jackpot symbols (the highest value symbols) on a single payline, you will trigger the largest payouts of the game. Three jackpot symbols produce a win worth 30 credits while stringing five of them on a single line will grant a win worth 750 credits.
Invaders From the Planet Moolah Bonus Features
When you play Invaders from the Planet Moolah, you will benefit the most from the cascading reels feature. This game format was first noted in IGT’s Da Vinci Diamonds and continues to grace hundreds of slots on the market. Namely, every time you form a win of at least three identical symbols, not only will you get paid for those wins, but those symbols in the combination will disappear and make way for new symbols to take their place. This way, you can link several wins together and increase the payouts.
You won’t find any limits to the number of the linked winning combos, so you take advantage of dozens or more payouts for a cost of a single spin.
A ton of help in making wins comes from the wild symbols that appear on reels two to five and substitute all other symbols in the game.
The ultimate bonus feature of Invaders from the Planet Moolah is the free spins bonus feature, where players can expect to win between seven and 50 free games. Plot twist — there are two ways to receive the free plays.
Free Spins Bonus Round
If you manage to link four or more consecutive cascades, you will trigger the free spins round. Depending on the number of cascades, you will receive a certain number of free plays. Here’s the entire scheme:
- Four linked cascades award seven free spins
- Five linked cascades award ten free spins
- Six linked cascades award 15 free spins
- Seven linked cascades award 25 free spins
- Eight or more linked cascades award 50 free spins
The spins are played on a special playing grid with the original bet size, including the winning combinations. If you manage to link four or more cascades during the free spins, additional free spins get credited instantly.
What’s more, you can activate the feature completely at random at the end of each play that does not result in four or more consecutive cascades. In that case, seven free spins are given.
Who Is This Online Slot Ideal for?
Players who love the cartoonish design and old-school space themes with a twist will love Invaders from the Planet Moolah. The cascading reels feature is also worth noticing as they help you string wins together at the cost of a single spin, so you don’t have to bet over and over again. Perfect for more prudish slot players.
Speaking of betting, the limits are good enough for all types of players, and even the absolute beginners can afford to spin and enjoy simple yet exciting gameplay.
Where Can I Play This Slot Online?
Coming from the global casino software powerhouse, WMS, Invaders from the Planet Moolah’s presence in Ontario’s major online casinos is guaranteed. You can find the game in gambling platforms such as DraftKings and FanDuel, which have a long-standing cooperation with WMS and its parent company Scientific Games.
What’s Great About This Game?
Invaders from the Planet Moolah packs a mean punch when overall playing features are concerned. Here are some that have captivated the audiences across Ontario:
- Enticing base gameplay feature — The base game relies on the cascading reels feature to fuel the fun, and fun is what you will surely get, alongside a chance to score big. With cascading reels, players can link multiple winning combos and increase the payouts, so there is no need to wait for the bonuses to score big.
- Considerable odds — The game’s RTP is set at 96%, meaning you will have more than a decent chance to walk away with a win, especially if you are a high-roller not afraid to bet big to win big.
- Exciting bonus game — Stringing together four or more cascades can result in up to 50 free spins, and if you are really lucky, you can reactivate the spins with additional four or more cascades. These features make the bonus game ever so appealing and generous and help the game stand out from the crowd.
What Would Make This Online Slot Better?
Some of the points the developers could have implemented to make the game even better are:
- Multipliers — Although we are accustomed to seeing a win multiplier feature together with the cascading reels, this game has none. The introduction of multipliers would have made it more exciting and would have improved the payout potential considerably.
- Rather small payouts — A 750-credit win for five jackpot symbols on a payline does not seem like a very big deal, and even though those wins could be worth thousands, there are slots with a much bigger win potential that players would rather choose.
- Outdated graphics — The game’s visuals are undoubtedly great but have an old-school ring to them, which younger generations simply can’t relate to. Modern and sharper graphics would have been much better.
Free to Play SG Slots Online
- Graphics and design — 3/5: Invaders from Planet Moolah deserves a lot of credit in the graphics department. It has a cartoonish and unusual theme that resembles those present in many arcade games generations of players love. However, it seems that a more modern approach to game design and improved visuals would have broadened the target audience and incorporated younger generations of players.
- Sound effects — 3/5: Buzzes, beeps, and clanks are heard throughout the game and help create that sci-fi atmosphere. Still, more elaborate sound effects and some background music are lacking, which could have helped the game score a maximum number of points in this department.
- Jackpot value — 4/5: The maximum win is set at 750 credits which isn’t much, but the cascades and free spins are there to pick up the slack. You can link an infinite number of win combos at the cost of one spin. Also, the fixed 96% RTP is quite good and helps Invaders from the Planet Moolah to score a pretty high rating when jackpot value is at stake.
- Replay value — 4/5: Invaders from the Planet Moolah is anything but monotonous and boring. Unique theme and design are coupled with several bonus and gameplay features that can lead to regular payouts if the stars are aligned for you.