Siberian Storm is an online slot game by IGT, one of the most prominent software providers in the iGaming industry. Despite having been launched over ten years ago, this title still attracts a lot of attention and can be found on many online gambling sites.
The game works on an unconventional, hexagonal 5-reel grid and features a whopping 720 ways to win. Thanks to its MultiWay Extra feature, Siberian Storm can pay your wins both ways and allow additional matching symbols to boost payouts. Apart from its huge base game wins, it also includes a special feature that can award you up to 96 free spins.
If you want to know more about this unique slot title, join us, as we do a thorough review of its betting mechanism, special features, rewards, and more.
Most Popular Games
Themes and visuals
As you might have guessed from its title, Siberian Storm features a theme inspired by the vast, icy Siberian wilderness. The backdrop of the game window showcases a frozen Siberian forest at night. Meanwhile, the foreground includes a distinctive 5-reel hexagonal grid with a 3-4-5-4-3 row structure covered in ice crystals.
The high-paying game symbols include the game logo, an orange tiger, and a white tiger, with the lower-paying ones being a necklace, a tiger’s tooth, and blue, purple, and green pendants. The game also utilizes wilds and scatter symbols and two bonus symbols represented by a blue and an orange eye of the tiger.
When it comes to sound effects, the slot features background music only while the reels are spinning, The upbeat, epic instrumental score is only interrupted by special sound effects if you score a win. The soundtrack is not overbearing and repetitive, and it fits the game theme perfectly.
To begin playing Siberian Storm, you must first choose the bet size. The number of coins is fixed and set at only 50 coins for all 720 paylines. However, players can choose the coin value, which ranges from 1 to 200 credits. You can do this by clicking on the left and right arrows on top of the Coin Value section. It is located in the control bar at the bottom of the game window.
When we multiply the number of coins by coin value, we get that the total bet amount ranges from 50 to 10,000 credits. It then becomes clear that this slot was designed with high-rollers in mind since recreational players could hardly play it without breaking the bank.
Once you choose your betting parameters, you can click on the round yellow button in the middle of the control panel to initiate the first spin. Alternatively, you can click on the blue button in the bottom right-hand corner to choose between 10 and 50 automatic spins.
Are there any jackpots available?
Unfortunately, Siberian Storm features no progressive jackpots. However, you can expect some hefty wins in the base game — up to 1,000x your stake if you manage to land five game logo symbols on the same payline.
Additional slot machine features
Siberian Storm contains an additional bonus feature that can potentially result in a huge number of free spins. Let’s take a look at its details.
Free Spins bonus
To trigger the free spins bonus feature in Siberian Storm, you need to land at least one blue eye of the tiger on each of the reels. When this happens, you’ll receive eight free spins.
However, if multiple eye-of-the-tiger combinations land during the same time, the number of free spins a player wins can rise up to 96. What’s more, players can receive an additional 8 free spins every time the orange eye of the tiger appears on the reels during this feature.
The free spins bonus is played at the same coin value but on an alternate set of reels, with the symbols of different colours. However, the payouts remain the same as in the base game.
Who is this online slot ideal for?
As we’ve already mentioned, Siberian Storm contains some total bet values that are quite high, so high-rollers will get the most out of this game. It is also suitable for players who like straightforward slots, without complicated game mechanisms and a lot of bonus features.
Where can I play this slot online?
Although it was launched way back in 2011, Siberian Storm is still a very popular slot game. Therefore, you may find it in many online casinos that feature IGT games in their portfolio. The best shot for players from Ontario are the established and reliable operators, such as Caesars, Poker Stars, and FanDuel.
Caesars Casino in Ontario features 100+ online slot games with at least 50+ games from IGT. You can also earn Caesars Rewards playing Siberian Slot, which you can then use at Caesars in Windsor, or to claim free casino bonuses online.
What’s great about this game?
Thanks to its unique features, Siberian Storm is anything but ordinary. Here are some of the reasons why players are attracted to it:
- High base game wins — You may need to have a considerable bankroll to be able to play this game, but with a top base game win of 1000x your stake, you can expect a good return on your investment.
- Unique slot outline — Unlike standard rectangular game grids we’re used to seeing in most slot games, this title features a hexagonal grid that certainly breaks the mould and creates a unique experience.
- Decent RTP — With an average RTP of 96.00%, Siberian Storm beats many of its contenders in the slot arena, and players can reasonably expect frequent wins.
- Simple betting mechanism — Although the game may not be a great choice for beginners, its simple betting mechanism may be considered an advantage by players who like no-frills games.
What would make this online slot better?
Like every online slot game out there, Siberian Storm is not perfect. As a result, we’ve noticed some elements that can be considered drawbacks by some players.
- No jackpots — The game would be more interesting and potentially more rewarding if it included at least a fixed jackpot.
- Only one bonus feature — In a sea of slot games with innovative features, the free spins feature has become a given. The addition of more complex features would elevate the game and increase its replay value.
- Outdated graphics — Experienced slot players need only take one look at the game interface to realize that it was made in the last decade. Our impression is that an update with smoother graphics and more animated features is long overdue.
- Graphics and design — 3/5: As we’ve already mentioned, the game’s graphics look outdated and lack animated features, hence the score.
- Sound effects — 5/5: The game’s epic instrumental soundtrack is a perfect fit for the gloomy and mysterious theme. On top of that, the special sound effects that announce game wins add to the thrill of the gaming experience.
- Jackpot value — 3/5: The game features no jackpots but the highest potential win in the base game can bring you 1000x your stake.
- Replay value — 3/5: While Siberian Storm certainly features some unique elements that draw the players’ attention, the lack of customizable features and uninspiring bonus rounds may be some of the reasons why many wouldn’t choose to return to this game.