Temple of Fire is yet another thrilling release slot machine by IGT. The slot takes players on an exploration of the ancient Aztec culture and Mesoamerican civilizations. Its main character is Chantico — the goddess reigning over fires of family hearths. Her fiery temple is where all the action takes place.
The Temple of Fire slot machine is played across 5 reels with 30 fixed paylines. Four rows of various symbols depicting masks and treasures of the Aztec gods form the winning combos and bring hefty payouts to players.
Scooping treasures in Temple of Fire has never been easier, thanks to multiple bonus features. Players can trigger the free spins bonus round with prize multipliers, expanding wilds, and more.
Since the masterminds of IGT are behind this game, it should come as no surprise that Temple of Fire is already present in many of the top Ontario online casinos. Keep on reading to find out more about this slots’ main characteristics and where you can give it a go.
Most Popular Games
Themes and visuals
The Temple of Fire online slot game is a real stunner. The burning torches cast the shadows away from the entrance and zoom in on Chantico’s Temple of Fire. A giant hallway and gates to the temple serve as the backdrop, while the gilded playing grid composed of five reels with four rows of symbols takes centre stage.
The imagery of the game creates an alluring atmosphere of mystery, which, in combination with elaborate sound effects, is bound to send shivers down your spine.
The game’s main symbols are beautifully designed ancient Aztec masks and artefacts, the most important one of them being Chantico herself — a gorgeous goddess that can grant you a win of up to 500 credits if you land five of her symbols on a single payline.
Overall, the design of the slot looks quite good and matches the theme perfectly — nothing mind-boggling, but still decent enough to appeal to users that appreciate the visual aspect, not just the game mechanics.
There are plenty of betting options to be found in Temple of Fire. Namely, in each round, a total of 60 coins will be wagered. The player’s job is to choose the value of those coins, from $0.01 to $10, which ultimately leads to the total bet size set between $0.60 and $600 per spin.
After you have decided on the size of your wager, all you have to do is hit the Spin button. You can also choose to use the Autoplay option. This way, the machine will perform between 10 and 50 spins for you, automatically. The auto spins stop if a premium prize is scored, a bonus round is triggered, or the single win amount is reached.
Are there any jackpots available?
No, there aren’t. Temple of Fire does not offer any fixed or progressive jackpots. Nevertheless, the potential for great wins is still there — especially with the free spins bonus round that can come with a 3x multiplier.
Additional slot machine features
Temple of Fire has its fair share of special bonus features designed by IGT to spice up the gameplay and potentially lead to notable wins.
Expanding Wild feature
Every time a wild (the goddess Chantico) appears on the reels, it will expand downward until it covers the entire reel. When the wild expands, it will spread fire to adjacent symbols and turn them wild too in order to boost the payout opportunity. Both the expanding wild and the regular wild symbols substitute all other symbols in the game except the bonus scatter.
Free spins bonus
The free spins bonus round is activated when three bonus scatter symbols land anywhere on reels 1, 3, and 5 in the base game. Once they do, players will be presented with a choice of three free spins offers with different win multipliers:
- 12 free spins with a 1x multiplier
- 6 free spins with a 2x multiplier
- 4 free spins with a 3x multiplier
What’s more, during each of the free spins, one randomly chosen reel will be filled with wilds to lead to more generous payouts. The free spins can be retriggered with three new bonus scatters landing on the grid. The number of spins and their format will be the same as the ones from the initial selection.
The three bonus scatters will not only retrigger the free games, but will also transform into expanded wild symbols if they are a part of a winning combination.
Who is this online slot ideal for?
Temple of Fire is ideal for those players who appreciate simplicity or are just getting acquainted with the world of slots. There are only two bonus features to look out for, which makes the gameplay rather simple and straightforward.
Still, the betting range that goes from $0.60 to $600 makes Temple of Fire a more than a viable option for both recreational players and high rollers.
Where can I play this slot online?
Considering the fact that Temple of Fire was developed by none other than IGT — one of the biggest names in the casino software development industry — it is safe to say all top online casino sites in Ontario are bound to have it in their catalogues. Some of those trustworthy sites that you should focus on are BetMGM Casino, FanDuel Casino, and Caesars Casino.
What’s great about this game?
Temple of Fire boasts several notable features that help it stand out from the crowd, such as:
- Innovative theme — The game is based on the ancient Aztec legends and deities, which appeals to many players that relish in such vivid imagery.
- Rewarding bonus round — The free spins bonus game offers three different formats. Each of them has its own number of free spins and win multipliers. The bonus round can be retriggered repeatedly until 600 spins have been played.
- Expanding wild feature — The expanding wild feature affects not only the reels on which the wild symbols expand, but also adjacent ones, bringing extra win opportunities.
- Simple gameplay — The game’s setup and betting configuration are pretty straightforward and easy to master, so even absolute beginners can learn the ropes quickly and start betting.
What would make this online slot better?
Temple of Fire is in need of improvement in certain areas, such as:
- Better RTP — As a low-to-medium volatility game with an RTP of only 94.10%, Temple of Fire won’t have much to offer to players who like to score big wins.
- Jackpot prizes — The game does not have any jackpots, fixed or progressive, which decreases its prize pot considerably.
- Graphics and design — 4/5: In the graphics department, Temple of Fire does a very good job. The imagery is sufficiently detailed and fits with the theme of the game nicely.
- Sound effects — 4/5: The suspenseful sound effects that resemble the ritualistic sounds of the drums are heard throughout each spin and set just the right tone for the game.
- Jackpot value — 1/5: Without any jackpots or better-paying base game wins, Temple of Fire can’t hope to attract the players looking to win life-changing prizes.
- Replay value — 3/5: Although there aren’t any big jackpot payouts in Temple of Fire, the slot game still has a great theme, superb graphics, and exciting bonus features that can keep players engaged for hours.