Disclaimer: Elements of this review are speculative based on what we know so far and will be updated should Bet365 become licensed in Ontario.
All the signs are pointing to single-game sports betting becoming legal in Ontario in the very near future. The question is, which online sportsbooks will apply to operate in the province? One possibility is Bet365.
While it might not have the same name recognition as FanDuel or DraftKings, Bet365 is still a quality sportsbook and one with a lot to offer Ontarians.
This guide will help prepare you for the day when single-event betting is legal, as well as tackling everything Bet365. We’ll cover the sportsbook’s welcome bonus for new customers and other promotions it has to offer, along with how to sign up, the types of wagers you can place and how Bet365 stacks up.
Why choose Bet365 Sportsbook?
- Deposit bonus worth up to $500.
- Early payout promos not available anywhere else.
- Chance to place single-game sports bets.
- Ability to steam thousands of sports contests.
When will Bet365 be legal in Ontario?
It’s still a little too early in the process to know exactly when single-game betting will be legal in Ontario. Many industry insiders however are pointing toward the start of the 2021 NFL season as being a reasonable goal.
Part of the reason for optimism is that C-218, a bill that would change Canada’s Criminal Code, has received widespread support and already has gained approval in the House of Commons and headed on to the Senate. C-218 would allow provinces to decide whether to allow sportsbooks and if so how sports betting would be structured.
Ontario has made it clear that its intent is to have sports betting companies apply for permits and run their own sportsbooks in the province. The province would tax the revenue of those sportsbooks, which obviously benefits Ontario, and having multiple sportsbooks would benefit sports bettors. The goal is to have a competitive sports betting marketplace.
Bet365 bonus: Up to a $500 value
Bet365 Sportsbook has a deposit offer for new customers worth up to $500. To claim this bonus, you must be logged in to your account. Start by clicking on the services menu, then select “My Offers” followed by “Claim Now.” Here’s how the offer works:
- If you claim the welcome bonus before making a deposit, the sportsbook will match your first deposit. If you make multiple deposits prior to claiming the offer, the sportsbook will match your biggest deposit.
- After making a minimum $10 deposit, Bet365 will match your deposit dollar for dollar up to $500. You receive the matching funds as free bet credits.
- To unlock the bet credits, you must make qualifying bets. The sportsbook releases the credits after settling your bets.
- It’s fairly easy for bets to count as qualifying wagers. They must be either straight bets with -500 odds or longer, or parlays with one selection having -500 odds or longer.
- You have 30 days to unlock the free bet credits before they disappear.
- Bet credits don’t actually expire, but the sportsbook will remove them from your account if it is inactive for 90 consecutive days.
- Lastly, you do not receive the value of a bet credit from a wager, only any winnings from it. For example, winning a $20 bet with +300 odds would result in getting $80 back ($60 winnings plus $20 bet), however winning a $20 wager with free bet credits would result in getting $60 back.
Bet365 Sportsbook bonus details 2021
|Ontario Sportsbook||Bet365 Sportsbook Ontario|
|Bet365 Ontario Bonus Code||None - Use Links|
|Deposit Offer||100% up to $500, redeemable by wagering|
|Online Since||2021 in Ontario|
|Last Updated||October 2021|
Regular promotions on the Bet365 app
Bet365 Sportsbook might not offer quite as many promotions as some of its largest competitors, but its promos are some of the best we’ve come across. We are especially fond of the early payout promos that allow you to win bets even if the team you wagered on ends up losing.
- Early payout promos: The sportsbook counts it as a win if the team you placed a pregame moneyline wager on gets a lead of a certain amount at any point. Here are the required leads:
NHL: Three goals
NFL: 17 points
NBA: 17 points
MLB: Five runs
Soccer: Two goals
NCAA basketball: 18 points
For example, if you placed a moneyline bet on the Toronto Maple Leafs and they jump out to a quick 3-0 lead in the first period, your bet would automatically win even if they go on to lose the game. Pretty awesome if you ask us.
- Multi-sport parlay boost: Many online oddsmakers offer parlay boosts, but we’re not sure any can compete with Bet365’s. First, the boost applies to two-leg parlays, while most other books require at least three legs. Second, the increases go as high as 70%. And third, you receive any extra winnings in cash, while other sportsbooks often pay in free bets. The boost starts at 5% for a two-leg parlay and rises to 70% for 14 legs. The odds of hitting parlays of 10+ legs are incredibly low, but getting significant boosts on smaller parlays is what makes this offer so great.
There is no telling when Bet365 will announce other promotional offers, so check out its promotions page regularly to be sure you’re not missing anything.
How to create a Bet365 account in Ontario
If Bet365 launches in Ontario, you most likely will be able to sign up for an account by using the app or website. All you need to do is open either one and click “Join.” You will need to enter the following details:
Additionally, you’ll need to create a password, username and a four-digit PIN. Chances are you can complete the registration during a commercial break.
Bet365 Sportsbook Ontario app
Bet365’s app is free and available on Android and iOS. It allows for easy single-game wagering on your smartphone or tablet. To download it, head to the Bet365 website and click the appropriate button to get it for your device. Follow the prompts from there to download the app. Then you can sign in and start checking things out.
Navigating the Bet365 app
The majority of online sportsbooks are laid out in the same manner: Games appear with their respective moneyline, spread and total lines. That is not the case at Bet365.
Instead, when you select a sport, the NHL for instance, all that day’s games appear at the top with just the puck line visible. Below that, you can choose from a plethora of betting options. If you select “Game Lines,” the odds appear in a more traditional format. You also could choose goal scores and all the player goal scoring wagers for that day’s games will appear.
There are pros and cons to Bet365’s approach. The biggest drawback is that for anyone who’s become accustomed to the “regular” way of doing things, it will be a challenge getting used to this new way. On the pro side, we really like the way prop bets work. If you wanted to create a three-leg parlay just on first goal scorers, it is much easier to do at Bet365.
Speaking of betting, placing wagers on the Bet365 app is easy. Tapping on a wager adds it to the bet slip. From there, you can make the bet or add more wagers to create a multi-bet. Your odds, wager and potential return will all display clearly.
While the Bet365 app can take some getting used to if you’re only familiar with the more standard sportsbook layout, everything works quite well once you get comfortable.
Types of bets on the Bet365 sports betting app
If Ontario allows single-game sports betting, you’ll get the chance to place a variety of new wagers. Here are the main options:
- Moneyline: The moneyline is the odds on one side or the other to win outright. Negative odds indicate that a team is favoured, while positive odds mean an underdog. If the moneyline is -180, it requires a bet of $180 to collect $100 in winnings. A moneyline of +180 means a $100 bet would return $180 in winnings.
- Spread: If you bet against the spread, the team you bet on has to win by more than the line (for favourites) or avoid losing by more than the line (for underdogs). For basketball and football games the odds on either side will be right around -110, while for hockey and baseball it will vary more.
- Totals: Also called over/unders, these are wagers on whether the total combined score of the game will be over or under the line that the sportsbook sets before it starts.
- Props: Think of these as side bets. You can place props on players, teams or the game itself. Goal, touchdown and home run bets are popular player props.
- Parlays: Parlays already are available in Ontario via the Pro-Line service, but at Bet365 you have fewer restrictions on the parlays you can build and the size of your bet. Parlays are a way of combining multiple bets for a chance at a bigger payout.
- Teasers: Teasers are parlays of just spread bets where you can shift the lines in your favour, with the odds changing accordingly.
- Round robins: While your parlay will lose if any of your picks are incorrect, that is not necessarily the case with round robins.
- Futures: Bet on full-season or playoff outcomes. For instance, betting on a team to win its league title or a player to win MVP.
Live betting at Bet365
To view all the live betting options at any time on the Bet365 app, all you need to do is click “In-Play” at the top of your screen. From there you can select the sport you want to wager on and then the individual game.
When you click on a game, you will see all of its available live wagers. You’ll find updated moneylines, spreads and over/unders, along with a whole lot more.
During a Major League Baseball game, you might be able to wager if there will be back-to-back hits in the next half inning of play. Or during hockey games you can bet on which team will win the next 10 minutes of play.
Simply put, Bet365 has some of the deepest live betting markets of any sportsbook we’ve come across. Furthermore, we even enjoy the animations and stats that help keep you informed about what is happening during the game.
Sports you can bet on at Bet365 in Ontario
Bet365 Sportsbook has betting markets for the NHL, NBA, CFL, MLS, MLB and NFL betting. Those are just the top leagues you’ll find, though. You also can wager on US college football and basketball, as well as on the WNBA, PGA Tour, UFC, NASCAR and WTA and ATP tennis.
You’ll also find betting markets for many of the top soccer, hockey and basketball leagues around the globe.
Ontario sports teams
Ontario boasts a total of eight teams that you’ll be able to place bets on as soon as single-game wagering becomes available. You’ll find a variety of bets on the Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators in the NHL, the NBA’s Toronto Raptors, MLS’s Toronto FC, MLB’s Toronto Blue Jays and the Ottawa Redblacks, Toronto Argonauts and Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the CFL.
Bet365 Ontario futures market
Bet365 Sportsbook has impressive futures bets for certain sports — the NFL and MLB in particular — but is a little lacking for others, especially for the NHL.
During the 2021 NHL season, for example, Bet365 only offered future odds on the Stanley Cup and which team would win each division. There were no markets for conference winners or player awards. It’ll be interesting to see if that changes if Bet365 debuts in Ontario, since we’re sure Leafs and Senators fans would love to have more options.
If Bet365 were to offer futures markets for the NHL similar to what it has for the NFL, that would improve things considerably. Prior to the 2021-22 NFL season, you could bet on the Super Bowl winner, Super Bowl MVP, conference and division winners, regular season win totals, player award winners and even on whether the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would go 17-0 during the regular season and 20-0 overall.
How to deposit and cash out on the Bet365 app
Until Bet365 Sportsbook is able to launch in Ontario and actually goes live, we have no way of knowing for sure what all your deposit and withdrawal choices will be. However, chance are your options will be similar to those for US customers.
- Debit or credit card (Visa or Mastercard)
- Online bank transfer
- Bet365 Mastercard
- Debit card
- Online bank transfer
- Bet365 Mastercard
How to contact Bet365 customer support
Bet365’s US sportsbook has a help desk available 24 hours a day every day of the week. You can email or call for help, and you also can live chat with an agent by using the website or app. Bet365 also has a help page where users can look for answers on their own.
Responsible gambling at Bet365
Bet365 lets users set their own gambling limits. In addition to being able to track all your activity on the website and app, you also can control how much you can deposit or spend, and the amount of time you can be on the Bet365 Sportsbook.
You can even initiate a timeout that will lock your accounts for a period of time, and if that’s not enough you can close your account entirely. Bet365 also provides information that you can use to determine if you need help with a gambling problem and where to turn if that’s the case
Will Bet365 be the best sportsbook in Ontario?
While Bet365 is a very solid online sportsbook, right now we wouldn’t put it forward as a contender for the top overall spot in Ontario. Many online sportsbook users have multiple accounts, though, and we see no reason why Bet365 can’t be your second or third account.
Best features of the Bet365 Sportsbook app
Here are three of the top reasons to join Bet365:
- Early payouts: We absolutely love that Bet365 pays out moneyline bets if the team you bet on gets a big enough lead. There’s nothing worse than seeing a huge lead crumble and your bet losing along with it.
- Parlay boosters: Bet365’s parlay booster also is one of the best in the industry. It increases your winnings from 5% to 70%, and the payouts are in cash. Just keep in mind that many wagers, including most props, do not qualify for the boosts.
- Betting markets: It’s going to be like Christmas morning when single-game sports betting becomes legal. Bet365 users will have tons of sports and leagues to wager on and a plethora of betting options, as well.
Where is Bet365 Sportsbook lacking?
We wouldn’t go so far as to say these are reasons to not join Bet365. Instead, they are some aspects we think it could improve upon.
- No rewards club: We would like to see Bet365 add either a rewards club or add a promotion that rewards its most loyal users. Maybe players who bet a certain amount each week could receive free bets, or just allow bettors to earn points for each bet they place.
- Not enough promos: We already mentioned how much we like the early payouts and parlay boosters at Bet365. However, the promotional offerings are pretty sparse after that. We’d love to see more insurance offers and daily odds boosts, as well.
- Single-game parlays: It would be great if Bet365 were to start offering single-game parlays by the time it launches in Ontario. Single-game parlays are great if you just want to focus on one game and especially on days/nights when there’s only one game you care about.
Does Bet365 have a welcome bonus?
Yes, new customers can have their first deposit matched at a rate of 100% up to $500. See above for details.
Is Bet365 legal in Ontario?
No, but that’s because single-event sports betting still is illegal in Ontario. Assuming it becomes legal in the coming months, and assuming Bet365 applies for a sports betting permit, there is no reason to think it won’t receive one.
What is the minimum age to bet at Bet365 Sportsbook in Ontario?
Nothing is official, but it looks as if the minimum age to wager on sports in the Heartland Province will be 19.
Can I bet on the Raptors, Blue Jays and Maple Leafs at Bet365?
Yes, Bet365 has betting markets for all the top leagues, and that means you can bet on those three Toronto teams as well as the Ottawa Senators, Toronto FC (MLS), and the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Toronto Argonauts and Ottawa Redblacks in the CFL.
Do I need to download the app to wager at Bet365?
You don’t need to, but we do recommend it. While you can bet and run your account through the Bet365 website, the app makes it even easier, especially if you’re using a smartphone or tablet. Moreover, the app is free, so if you don’t like it, you can go back to the website with nothing lost.
What sets Bet365 apart in comparison to other Ontario sportsbooks?
The most distinct aspect of Bet365 is its early payout promotions. These promotions pay out moneyline bets and count parlay moneyline wagers as wins if your team gets a big enough lead at any point in a game.