BetMGM Sportsbook Ontario Welcome Rewards and Review
BetMGM online sportsbook was one of the very first sportsbooks to go live in Ontario under license from provincial regulators when it launched on April 4, 2022. Sign up today at BetMGM in Ontario to place bets on all your favourite sports today!
Check out BetMGM Sportsbook in Ontario and you’ll see big names like brand ambassador Wayne Gretzky touting the virtues of the sportsbook. But you don’t have to take his word for it. Our comprehensive review will cover the pros and cons of the sportsbook.
We’ll tell you what you can expect from both the desktop version of the sportsbook and the mobile app for Apple and Android devices. We’ll cover the live streaming feature, which lets you watch and bet on games from around the world right within the app.
We’ll touch on the M Life Rewards you can earn, redeemable at MGM properties world-wide, Odds Boosts, and other recurring perks. And we’ll go over how to get started on the site, and the impressive array of options for funding your account.
BetMGM Sportsbook Ontario code for 2022
No BetMGM sportsbook code is currently required for sign-up. Simply visit the BetMGM landing page to sign up and check for new player offers.
|Online Sportsbook||BetMGM Sportsbook Ontario|
|BetMGM Canada Code||No code needed -- click to sign up|
|BetMGM Sportsbook Ontario Top Features||Easy Parlay Builder; One-Game Parlays for the NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB & various soccer leagues; One of the best apps and websites|
|BetMGM Sportsbook Canada Deposit Options||MasterCard, Visa, PayPal, Apple Pay, Interac|
|BetMGM Sportsbook Ontario Launch||April 4, 2022|
|Last Updated||July 2022|
Where do I find BetMGM Ontario promotions?
Players are able to find the full list of available promos at BetMGM via the promotions tab in the main menu in both the website and app. In addition to sportsbook rewards, you may also find promos for BetMGM’s online casino or poker rewards mixed in. You can choose to filter for just the sportsbook offers by clicking ‘SPORTS’ at the top left of the promotions page
The sportsbook promotions are vast, often with more than a dozen offers to check out. Rewards range from parlay insurance to bet vouchers to new player offers.
Odds Boosts are not as prominent at BetMGM as other sportsbooks, but you can find them scattered throughout the book under the title ‘Lion’s Boost’.
Alongside the promotions, players also will automatically join the M Life Rewards loyalty program, which offers a variety of perks. You can save up your M Life Rewards and use them at BetMGM physical properties.
Getting started at BetMGM Sportsbook in Ontario Canada
Players looking to get things started at BetMGM will find the sign-up process to be nice and simple. To kick things off, visit the BetMGM site. This page will show you anyway new player perks that may currently be available. Select the “Register” option. Once you’ve done that, you’ll fill out an account creation form that includes the following information:
- Email address
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Phone Number
You will confirm you are not a political exposed person or head of an international organization (legal terms — if you were one of these people, you’d know!). You’ll select your marketing communications preferences, and indicate you agree to the T&Cs.
Then click submit, and you should be good to go!
While it may sound like a lot, the process should only take a minute or two. BetMGM sportsbook requires the personal information under the regulatory guidelines of iGaming Ontario to ensure that players are legally eligible to place sports bets in Ontario. You’ll need to be 19 or older to create an account and to bet online.
How do I download the BetMGM Sportsbook Ontario app?
Simply follow our links to the BetMGM new player landing page while on your mobile device. Set up a new account if you haven’t already, or alternatively log in with your existing credentials.
Then follow the links BetMGM provides to download the app for your iPhone, iPad or Android phone or tablet. Follow the prompts to accept and install the app download. Log in with your account info, and you’re good to go.
BetMGM Sportsbook Canada Screenshots
Why should I choose the BetMGM Sportsbook app in Ontario?
Here are some of the top features about BetMGM that we noticed during our review of the online sportsbook:
- Deposit Options: The list of options for funding your account at BetMGM is currently the best in Ontario. In addition to stalwarts like PayPal and credit cards, BetMGM also offers Interac and Apple Pay. It wouldn’t be surprising to see BetMGM add even more banking choices in the future.
- M life Rewards: The loyalty program available to all players at BetMGM is impressive. Among the potential benefits are perks at various MGM resort locations.
- Live streaming available: Live streaming is one of the top features available at BetMGM, allowing bettors to watch as games play out and place bets as the odds change in real time.
What won’t I like about the BetMGM Sportsbook app?
Here are a couple of areas where we noticed that BetMGM Ontario could stand to improve:
- Somewhat slow app: The sportsbook app does a lot of things really well. However, speed is not one of them. There is a noticeable two- or three-second lag when clicking on various pages of the app. This isn’t a deal-breaker, but it definitely can be noticeable.
- Lack of odds boosts: A good odds boost selection is one of the fan-favourites that plenty of players look for when choosing a sportsbook. While BetMGM does offer Lion’s Boosts, which are odds boosts, on some bets throughout the book, it does not have a dedicated odds boosts section like other Ontario sportsbooks.
What kind of bets can I make at BetMGM Ontario Sportsbook?
Bettors will be able to access a range of bets when browsing BetMGM Ontario. Here are all the standard betting options you’re likely to come across:
- Moneylines: The moneyline bet is a simple one. You’re betting on one side or the other to win the game. In the American odds format, the favourite will have negative odds, and the underdog will generally be positive. In the decimal format, the favourite will have a number less than 2.0, and the underdog will be more than 2.0.
- Totals: Totals, as the name suggests, are bets on the total combined score in a game. For example, for a Toronto FC game, BetMGM might set the total at 3.5. You can bet on the over or the under. If Toronto and its opponent combine to score four or more goals, bets on the over would win.
- Point spreads: These bets factor in the margin of victory. For example, say the Buffalo Bills are 13.5-point favourites against the New York Jets. For spread bets on the Bills to win, they must win the game by 14 points or more.
- Props: Side bets that are generally separate from the overall outcome of a game. For instance, you could bet on the number of corner kicks in a soccer game or which player will register the first touchdown in a football game.
- Parlays: Combine multiple individual picks as a single bet. If you miss any of these picks, you would normally lose your parlay. At BetMGM, though, you may find promotions that will offer a refund if you miss by just one leg.
- Round robins: Similar to a parlay, a round robin bet also involves multiple selections. However, these allow you to still win some money if you don’t get all of your picks right.
- Live betting: Bet on the action as it unfolds with dynamic odds for countless events and outcomes. BetMGM may also stream smaller and less popular games for free.
- Futures: The opposite end of the spectrum from live betting. Here you’re betting on events that may not settle until weeks or months into the future. Betting on the Ottawa Senators to make the playoffs or the Toronto Raptors to win their division are examples of futures bets.
Can I bet on the Blue Jays at BetMGM Ontario sports betting?
- Player props: You could, for example, bet on Vladimir Guerrero Jr. to homer in a game or for Bo Bichette to get three hits. You could also bet on how many strikeouts José Berríos will finish with.
- First five innings: Bet on where the game will stand at the end of five innings. These bets allow you to focus more on the starting pitcher matchup and worry less about the bullpens.
- MLB futures: Bet on how many games a team will win for the season, whether it will make the playoffs or even for that team to win the World Series. Player futures bets are also very popular. For example, you could bet on the aforementioned Guerrero to win the AL MVP or Berríos to take home the AL Cy Young Award.
How do I get money on (and off!) BetMGM online sportsbook quickly?
Banking at BetMGM Sportsbook in Ontario is exactly what players would hope for from an online sportsbook. In fact, BetMGM currently has a few options that other sportsbooks in Ontario do not.
Depositing at BetMGM
Here are your options for adding funds to your account at BetMGM. The minimum deposit at BetMGM online betting will typically depend on the deposit method you choose, although most methods will have a $10 minimum. Deposits will typically process instantly:
- Credit/debit card (MasterCard & Visa accepted)
- Apple Pay
Withdrawing at BetMGM
And here are your options for getting funds off the site. Note that there is a minimum withdrawal of $20 for the majority of banking methods, although this may differ depending on the method you choose. Withdrawals will typically take between three and five business days. In most cases, your withdrawal will go back to the method you used to deposit.
How do I get help at BetMGM Sportsbook?
To access the support section while using BetMGM Sportsbook in Ontario, click the “Help and Support” tab next to the “Log In” and “Register” options at the site. Then select a topic from a list that includes “Promotions,” “Withdrawals” and “Account Access.”
This type of FAQ is particularly useful, allowing players to quickly navigate the forms to see if there’s a solution. However, if this does not help, you can indicate that you require more assistance, granting access to the 24/7 live chat and email options.
How do I exclude myself from BetMGM?
Options to help customers gamble responsibly are one of the most important parts of any online sportsbook, and BetMGM provides tools to help online players strive to cement a positive experience.
To start with, you can set and change your deposit limits. You can also select the self-exclusion option in the footer of the sportsbook website. Alternatively, the responsible gambling section at the site offers a range of support options that all players have access to if they feel that they may be developing, or have developed, a problem.
Can I bet at BetMGM Sportsbook in person?
At the time of writing, BetMGM did not have an in-person sportsbook location in Ontario. This could change eventually — after all, MGM is no stranger to offering in-person betting. Players should keep an eye out in Ontario for any progress in the world of MGM resorts. And of course we will update this review with any new developments.
How does BetMGM compare to other Ontario sportsbooks?
We find BetMGM to be one of the top options available wherever they run an online sportsbook. The website and app combine to make a potent formula that most sports bettors likely will be happy to use.
The bones of the sportsbook are strong, with a range of bets covering a wealth of sports. In addition, And the promotions available afterward combine to make BetMGM a top sportsbook. And let’s not forget about M life Rewards, offering benefits at MGM resorts around the world.
BetMGM outperforms the competition with its Live Streaming capabilities, allowing you to watch sporting events from around the world in the sportsbook with no further downloads required. And it’s ahead of the competition for banking options as well. One area where it lags currently is odds boosts. These are popular with bettors, and they are harder to find and less common at BetMGM than Caesars or BetRivers.
BetMGM Ontario Sportsbook FAQ
You don’t need a BetMGM Ontario code to be eligible for any BetMGM new player offer. When you sign up with BetMGM Canada you’ll see any new player offers currently available.
You need to be 19 or older to bet at BetMGM or any other legal online sportsbook in Ontario.
Although BetMGM offers a sports betting app, you don’t have to use it. The sportsbook website is accessible via computer and mobile devices.
Deposit minimums will vary depending on the method, although the majority will have a $10 minimum.
Withdrawal methods include bank transfers, debit cards and options like PayPal and Skrill.
No, BetMGM does not charge fees for withdrawals. However, the method you use to complete the withdrawal may include a fee, depending on how it operates.