Bwin Sportsbook Ontario – Sports Betting App Review
Bwin is a big deal in Europe, and Ontario represents a new frontier for the sportsbook. It’s backed by Entain, one of the biggest online gambling companies worldwide and co-owner of BetMGM. By signing up with Bwin Ontario you’ll be able to start betting legally in a matter of minutes.
Bwin’s market coverage and depth are hard to beat. The sportsbook has odds on an impressive selection of sports, including more obscure options like cross country skiing and ski jumping, depending on the time of year. You’ll also be able to bet on in-province teams like the Toronto Raptors, Toronto Blue Jays and Toronto Maple Leafs.
This Bwin Ontario review will help you learn what the online sportsbook is all about and how it stacks up against the competition. We’ll cover the site’s usability, betting options and promotions and walk you through the sign-up process.
Bwin Sportsbook Ontario sign-up code 2022
You don’t need a code to get started, just join Bwin Sportsbook Ontario today and you’ll be taken care of in the best way possible.
|Online Sportsbook||Bwin Sportsbook Ontario|
|Bwin Ontario Offer Code||No code needed -- click here to join|
|Bwin Ontario Minimum Deposit||$10|
|Bwin Ontario App Rating||4.0/5|
|Bwin Ontario Top Features||Same-game parlays, parlay builder|
|Last Updated||July 2022|
Where do I find Bwin promotions?
As it stands, there’s a bit of scarcity when it comes to promotions for existing customers, but the sportsbook will likely roll out a new lineup of promos tailored for Ontario bettors over time.
With the Show Your Colours offer, you select your favourite NHL/NBA team, and Bwin rewards you with a special offer specific to your pick. For instance, if you chose the Toronto Raptors, you might get an odds boost for their games or some sort of an insurance bet. What’s more, the sportsbook provides daily odds boosts (dubbed price boosts), albeit on a limited number of sports that vary depending on the time of year.
Getting started with Bwin Sports in Ontario
Here’s a mini-guide detailing the steps you need to take to register with Bwin from Ontario:
- Go to the Bwin site: Once you get there, click or tap on the yellow register button.
- Fill out the application form: You’ll need to provide basic information like your Social Insurance Number, name, residential address, phone and login credentials. To wrap up, you’ll need to agree to the terms and conditions.
That’s it; you’re all done. There is only one thing left to do at this point, and that’s to add money to your account. Make sure to deposit so you can start placing bets right away.
Make sure to have your geolocation turned on. Otherwise, the sportsbook won’t accept your bets. On a desktop computer, you will need to download a plug-in; mobile users only need to enable GPS on their devices.
How do I download the Bwin Ontario app?
If you want to bet on the go with Bwin, just load the browser-based version of the site, and you can get in on the action right away. Alternatively, you can download the app onto an iOS or Android phone or tablet.
If you prefer the second option, go to the menu on the mobile version of the site. Under where it says “Download our apps,” select the sportsbook app to download.
The app will give you access to the same features as the website, including the full betting program, promotions and customer support. If there are live streams available, you can watch them, too.
Why should I choose the Bwin app?
Bwin is on the right track to becoming one of the top sports betting options in Ontario. Here are some of its most prominent features:
- Superior range of sports: Of course Bwin has all the NHL, NFL, NBA and other major North American sports covered. But maybe you want to try something different. Want to put a few bucks down on alpine skiing at 2 a.m.? Or maybe try your luck at betting on Gaelic sports? At Bwin, you can do it all while also being able to bet on traditional options. With over 30 sports available, the sportsbook can cater to a variety of tastes.
- Many features: Most Europe-based sportsbooks come packed with features, so it’s no surprise Bwin, with its European corporate background, delivers. From live streaming to cash-outs and the parlay builder, there are many features that modern bettors will likely appreciate. Along with Bet365, Bwin is one of the few sportsbooks to offer the “Edit my Bet” feature, which allows bettors to swap/add/remove selections from their slip on any bet that lets you cash out early.
- Great UX: The site is responsive and intuitive. It’s all business with Bwin. There aren’t any flashy visuals, promo banners or celebrity cameos.
What won’t I like about the Bwin app?
There is still work for Bwin to do, though, before it can compete with the big names in Ontario. Here are a couple of the sportsbook’s most significant weaknesses:
- Few specials: At the time of this review, Bwin offered little in the way of specials or promotions for online sportsbook customers.
- Poor SGP functionality: Our gripe with the parlay builder (the equivalent of same-game parlays) is that it doesn’t support props. It is possible to mix spreads, totals and moneylines within one selection, but no player or team props. For that, you’d have to go elsewhere, like the FanDuel sports app, for example.
What kind of bets can I make at Bwin online betting?
You’ll have plenty of bets to check out at Bwin. Let’s go over the main betting options:
- Moneylines: This bet is the starter pack for every sport. By placing a moneyline wager on the Maple Leafs’ next game, you’re betting on them to win that game outright. You don’t need a decoder ring to read the odds — a simple glance will tell what your payout will be if your bet comes in.
- Totals: As the name implies, these are bets on a numerical total, most commonly the combined score by both sides in the game. For instance, you could bet on whether the combined score in a Raptors’ game will be over or under 210.5.
- Point spreads: These are the sportsbooks’ way of evening out unbalanced contests. This type of bet is highly popular in the NBA and NFL. For MLB games, it’s the run line. A bet on the Blue Jays at -1.5 means Toronto would have to win the game by at least two runs for the bet to cash in or cover the spread.
- Props: These are bets on smaller aspects within a game. Props can generally be anything from who wins the coin toss in the Super Bowl to how many assists a player from the Raptors records in a given NBA game.
- Futures: These are high-risk/high-reward bets that likely won’t settle for an extended period. They include long-term predictions like which team will win the Stanley Cup or which player will win the AL/NL MVP award once the MLB season wraps up.
- Multi-bets: Combine two or more bets on the same slip, and voila, you’ve created a combo wager. Parlays are the standard variation. Teasers are spin-offs that allow bettors to adjust the spread or total line in their favour in exchange for a smaller potential payout. A round robin comprises several parlays but doesn’t require all selections to be correct for you to still win some money, unlike the previous two types of bets.
- Live bets: With these, you can bet on events that have already started. There are many cool features on Bwin’s live betting platform, such as play-by-play charts and play-by-play trackers. Depending on the sport, you may also be able to watch the game live on an Ontario sportsbook app.
Can I bet on the Toronto Raptors?
You can bet on all of Toronto’s professional sports teams, including the Maple Leafs, the Raptors, the Blue Jays and the CFL’s Toronto Argonauts. Soccer fans can bet on Toronto FC or other teams from MLS.
Bwin offers a few additional bets for the NBA and basketball in general. For instance, you can wager on winners of each quarter, or the total number of points at halftime. There are also team-based props like winning margin, where you have to pick which team will win the ballgame and by what point margin. This is all in addition to a bevy of player props.
The sportsbook also has a full range of NBA futures bets for Ontarian bettors. You can bet on the hometown Raptors to win the playoffs or the Atlantic Division. You’ll also find tournament-winner bets for most top-tier competitions in tennis and golf. In Formula One and NASCAR, Bwin provides race-winner odds and championship-winner futures.
How do I get money on (and off!) Bwin online sportsbook quickly?
Bwin checks all the right boxes when it comes to banking and provides more than enough ways to make deposits and withdrawals. You can fund your account through the following payment methods:
- Instant banking
- Debit/credit cards
- Electronic transfer
Most of these options are available for cashing out, too. The payout processing time is roughly 24 hours but can be more depending on the method.
How to contact Bwin Sportsbook customer support
If you need immediate assistance, live chat is the go-to option. Email support has a longer response time, but it gets the job done. You can also get in touch via social media channels, namely Twitter and Facebook.
Responsible gambling at Bwin Sportsbook
All sportsbooks in Ontario must comply with responsible gambling policies, and Bwin is no different. Therefore, expect to find deposit, time and wager limits along with cool-off features and a self-exclusion program.
Can I bet at Bwin in person in Ontario?
At the moment, no, Bwin does not have a physical presence in Ontario. It’s unclear whether this will change in the future.
How does Bwin compare to other online sportsbooks?
If you’re choosing sportsbooks based on name recognition alone, our advice is to look elsewhere. FanDuel, DraftKings, BetMGM and Caesars Sportsbook all are more well-known. Regarding market selection and banking, however, Bwin can compete with these brands. There may be better sportsbook options at the moment, but Bwin won’t let you down.
bwin Ontario Sportsbook FAQ
There isn’t one. Just register a new account with Bwin Sportsbook in Ontario and you’ll be able to start betting on sports legally in no time.
Yes, it is licensed by iGaming Ontario.
Yes, it does. You can also trigger the “auto cash out” option to cash out your bet if the game reaches a predetermined threshold.
Yes, Bwin provides odds that are every bit as competitive as those of Bovada or any other offshore sportsbook. Additionally, we don’t recommend betting at offshore sportsbooks. A regulated online sportsbook provides greater security and safety.
You can collect your winnings via various e-wallet providers, checks and a few other payment methods. The turnaround time on withdrawals will generally be around 24 hours.