Disclaimer: Caesars Online Sportsbook is not currently available in Canada. This review is speculative based on what we know so far and will be updated when Caesars Sportsbook comes online in Ontario.
Single-game sports betting appears more and more likely to become legal in Canada. With that, Ontario is working toward a legal sports betting market, and if that happens, Caesars Sportsbook could be one of the oddsmakers in line to launch in the province.
Caesars has a property in Ontario already, Caesars Windsor Hotel & Casino, so it makes sense that Caesars would seek to open an online sportsbook in Ontario. This page will cover how to sign up if that happens, how to bank at Caesars Sportsbook, what you can bet on and the types of promotions you can expect.
In addition we’ll go over where sports betting stands in Ontario, and when you might be able to expect a Caesars Sportsbook launch.
Why choose Caesars Sportsbook?
- Sportsbook app allows for easy mobile betting.
- New users receive NEED TO REMOVE just for signing up.
- Caesars matches your initial deposit, up to $5,000.
- Plethora of sports and betting options available.
When will Caesars be legal in Ontario?
Until Canada officially amends its Criminal Code and lawmakers set a firm date for when single-game sports betting can go live in Ontario, we can’t say with 100% certainty when Caesars might launch. Having said that, a very reasonable goal appears to be September 2021 and the start of the NFL season.
- The Canadian federal government proposed legislation in 2020 to alter the Criminal Code to remove the ban on single-game wagering. Assuming that happens, each province would decide for itself if and how to regulate sports betting.
- The legislation got through its second House of Commons reading in February 2021 and received final approval from that legislative body in April of the same year. Up next is the Senate, and if it pass there, the Governor General’s signature would be the final step to make it law.
- Ontario would then be able to allow and regulate sports betting at privately operated sportsbooks.
Caesars Sportsbook sign-up bonus: Up to a $310 value
Caesars Sportsbook has a couple of solid welcome bonuses, including one that gives you money for making a new sportsbook account. To be eligible for both offers, all you need to do is enter the code LEGALRF when you create your account. Here is what the offers entail:
- Join bonus: Receive a NEED TO REMOVE free bet when you sign up. Any money you win with that bet is yours to use as you wish.
- Deposit match: When you make your initial deposit, Caesars matches it at a rate of 100%, up to a max of $5,000. The biggest thing we have to wait and find out is what the playthrough rate for that bonus will end up being. It’s fairly standard to have playthrough rates of 5x, but in New Jersey, Caesars’ playthrough rate is 25x. That means if you made a $300 deposit, you would have to wager $7,500 to unlock all $5,000 in bonus funds. If the playthrough requirement is 25x, this welcome bonus goes from solid to subpar at best.
Caesars Sportsbook bonus code 2021
|Online Sportsbook||Caesars Sportsbook Ontario|
|Sign-up Bonus||NEED TO REMOVE free bet credit|
|Deposit Bonus||100% match up to $5,000|
|Online Since||2021 in Ontario|
|Last Updated||October 2021|
Regular promotions at Caesars Sportsbook
Caesars is one of the few online sportsbooks that doesn’t offer a whole lot when it comes to promotions. There are the two welcome promotions we just told you about, but after those, the bonuses are few and far between.
While it’s not a bonus, Caesars does have a loyalty club that allows bettors to earn points on each they place. Those points are redeemable at Caesars properties around the world, including Caesars Windsor Hotel & Casino in Ontario.
You also can redeem points for cash, although the redemption rate leaves a little to be desired. You earn one point for every $10 in sports bets you place, and it requires 1,000 points to earn $10 cash back. Thus, for every $10,000 in bets, you can get $10 back.
How to create a Caesars account in Ontario
If Caesars Sportsbook launches, you will be able to open an account by using either the Caesars app or the website. From either one, simply select “Join Now” and afterward enter the following details:
- Date of birth
The only other things left to do will be creating a password and verifying that you’re 19 or older (the likely minimum age to bet on sports in Ontario). The sign-up process takes a couple of minutes, and then you can begin putting down some bets.
Caesars Sportsbook app in Ontario
The Caesars app is available for iOS and Android. Before delving into everything regarding the app, here is how to get it.
How to download the Caesars iOS app in Ontario
Use a link from this page to visit the Caesars Sportsbook website and click the “Download on the App Store” button. From there, the Apple App Store page with the correct app will pop up. Select “Get,” and in a matter of seconds, minutes at the most, the app will be installed.
How to download the Caesars Android app in Ontario
Follow the same process to head to the Caesars Sportsbook site. Once there, select “Download the Android App.” Follow the prompts from there to download and install the app.
Navigating the Caesars app
It still is unclear if the Caesars app will be a sportsbook-only app or a dual sportsbook-casino one. For the purposes of this review, we are focusing on just the sportsbook portion.
Maneuvering around in the Caesars app is uncomplicated thanks to the overall layout. Along the left side of your screen are links for top leagues to wager on followed by a complete catalog of each available sport to bet on.
The majority of your screen will have games and lines on it. The first games typically will be live, followed by those getting ready to start. To make things easy to find, there is a bar above the games where you can sort by live events or upcoming games in a few timeframes.
Caesars displays the moneyline, point spread and total odds on its main page. To find the other wagers for each game, click on a listing, and all the betting options will appear. Placing wagers is simple as well. Tap on a bet to put it into your betting slip, and from there you can input a wager amount and place the bet or keep adding selections to create a parlay.
Overall the Caesars app is very much a no-frills approach to sports betting. You’ll find games and lines and not much else. It’s up to you whether that’s what you are looking for in a sportsbook.
Best features of the Caesars Sportsbook app
We’ve told you a lot about Caesars, but let’s focus on a few of the areas where it really excels.
- App layout: Many Ontario residents may be placing their first sports bets in the coming months, so having an app that is simple to use is a major plus.
- Bet slip: The bet slip at Caesars Sportsbook is very intuitive, and we anticipate new users will experience little to no problems learning how to bet on sports at Caesars.
- Betting markets: To go from parlays only to now having the ability to put down moneyline, spread, total, prop and futures bets is easily one of the best aspects of signing up with Caesars.
How could Caesars Sportsbook improve?
Here are the top areas where we think Caesars could stand to do better.
- Add promos: We strongly believe that competitors will be running a variety of promotions, and we’re hopeful that Caesars will join them.
- More futures markets: We’d like to see options here that go beyond just the basics for the major sports and leagues.
- Single-game parlays: A number of US sportsbooks offer single-game parlays. Caesars is not yet one of them, and we would like to see that change.
Types of bets on the Caesars Sportsbook app
Up until now parlay wagering was the only type of sports betting legal in Ontario. With single-game wagering seemingly about to arrive, here is a rundown of popular options:
- Moneyline bets are wagers on which team will win. A line of -150 means you need to bet $150 for a chance to win $100 in profit. A line of +150 means a $100 bet could win you a profit of $150 if it’s correct.
- Point spread bets depend on the winning margin in games. If you bet on favoured teams, they will have points subtracted from their final score, while if you bet on underdogs they will have points added to their score.
- Totals bets are wagers on the combined total score of a game, and it doesn’t matter which team wins.
- Prop bets are primarily side wagers on specific team or player statistics or specific game situations coming to pass.
- Parlays — the one type of sports bet that already is legal in Canada — are a way of combining individual bets to increase your odds. To win a parlay, each of your legs needs to be correct. Parlays can be extremely fruitful, but many consider them sucker bets because they are so challenging to get right.
- Teasers are similar to parlays except just for spread bets. You can move the lines in your favour, and the odds will change accordingly.
- Round robins also are in the same vein as parlays, although they allow you to miss a selection and still win some money.
- Futures bets are long-term wagers such as betting on a team to win a championship or on a player to win an award or pass a certain statistical mark for the season.
Live betting at Caesars
Near the top of the Caesars screen is an “In Play” header you can select to see all the live games you can bet on at that moment. Click on each game to view the available bets. For the most part, you will have roughly the same number of betting options as you had before the game started. As a game progresses, though, you will see fewer and fewer options.
Odds for live betting shift according to what is happening during games. Because lines change so quickly, these are bets you’ll need to place via website or app.
Sports you can bet on at Caesars in Ontario
Caesars Sportsbook doesn’t have markets for as many sports and leagues as you will find at a lot of other online sportsbooks. However, we don’t believe this should be a problem for the majority of Canadian sports bettors because it still has markets for just about all the sports most people are interested in wagering on.
You’ll find odds for NHL, MLB, NBA, and NFL games, the CFL, the PGA Tour, MLS, NASCAR and UFC. Caesars also has betting markets for US college football and basketball, as well as for soccer leagues from around the globe.
One of the things we will be paying close attention to is if Caesars and other oddsmakers open up more wagering markets for sports like curling and rugby that are very popular in Ontario.
Ontario sports team betting guide
With betting markets for the top pro sports leagues, Caesars Sportsbook lets bettors wager on all of Ontario’s favourite teams.
You’ll find markets for the NHL’s Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators, the NBA’s Toronto Raptors, MLB’s Toronto Blue Jays, the CFL’s Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Ottawa Redblacks and Toronto Argonauts, and MLS’s Toronto FC.
It remains to be seen if Caesars will add markets for leagues such as the National Basketball League of Canada, National Lacrosse League and/or Canadian Premier League.
Caesars Ontario futures market
Futures betting can be an enjoyable way to wager because instead of trying to bet on all your favourite team’s games, you can place a few futures bets and watch them play out over the course of the season.
At this time, the futures markets are a little lacking at Caesars. For instance, in the NHL the only available markets are for odds on the Stanley Cup. In the NBA they are a little better because you also can bet on which teams will win the Western and Eastern Conference titles.
Going forward we are hopeful that Caesars will add more futures markets for all sports.
How to deposit and cash out on the Caesars app
We can’t guarantee what all these banking methods will be at Caesars Sportsbook Ontario until and if it actually goes live, but here’s a look at what’s available in the US.
- Credit or debit card (American Express, Visa, Discover, Mastercard)
- ACH (e-check)
- Play+ prepaid card
- Online banking transfer
- ACH (e-check)
- Play+ prepaid card
Caesars Sportsbook also might allow bettors to deposit and cash out at the Caesars Windsor Hotel & Casino.
How to contact Caesars customer support
If you come up against any problems, here are you options for getting help:
- Check the Caesars FAQ, which provides answers for queries regarding withdrawals, deposits and much more.
- Use the Caesars app or website to start a live chat with a customer service representative. The live chat currently is available from 8 a.m. to midnight ET.
- Call 800-986-9248 to get assistance.
- Lastly, when Caesars is operational in Ontario there almost certainly will be an email address for getting help, as well.
Responsible gambling at Caesars
The Caesars Sportsbook app lets users set limits for how much they can deposit, gamble and even for how much time they can be on the app or website. In addition, Caesars provides information for where to seek help if you think you or a person you are close to needs assistance with a potential gambling addiction.
Where is the Caesars retail sportsbook?
If Caesars ends up having a brick-and-mortar sportsbook in Ontario, the odds are high that it will be at Caesars Windsor Hotel & Casino.
- Address: 377 Riverside Drive East, Windsor, Ontario
- Phone: 800-991-7777
- Website: caesars.com/caesars-windsor
Will Caesars be the best sportsbook in Ontario?
We don’t believe Caesars will be the No. 1 sportsbook in Ontario, at least not right away. The only thing we have to go off of right now is how Caesars has performed in the US states it has launched in at this point.
While it will be amazing getting to place single-game sports bets using the Caesars app, we think Caesars needs to offer more promotions and include more futures markets in order to compete with sites like FanDuel, DraftKings and William Hill.
What do I get when I use the Caesars bonus code?
When you enter the code LEGALRF, you will receive a NEED TO REMOVE free bet just for signing up. Caesars also will match your first deposit dollar-for-dollar, topping out at $5,000.
Is Caesars legal in Ontario?
Not yet because single-game sports betting is not yet legal in Ontario or Canada as a whole. However, Caesars likely would have no problem gaining approval if and when that becomes an option.
What is the minimum age to bet at Caesars Sportsbook in Ontario?
While nothing is official yet, it appears that the minimum age to bet on sports in Ontario will be 19. In addition, all bettors will need to be in Ontario when they place their bets. To enforce this rule, you will need to have geolocation activated on the device you use to bet.
Can I bet on Ontario teams at Caesars?
Caesars Sportsbook has betting markets on the NHL, NBA, MLB, CFL and MLS, so you will be able to place bets on all the Ontario teams from those leagues — the Ottawa Senators, Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Raptors, Toronto Blue Jays, Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Ottawa Redblacks, Toronto Argonauts and Toronto FC.
Do I need to download the app to bet at Caesars?
Nope, you can do all your wagering using the Caesars website. Despite that, we recommend getting the Caesars app because it makes betting on your phone or tablet easy. On top of all that, it’s free.
Why should I choose Caesars over an offshore site?
Because offshore sites are not regulated, and thus your money and personal info are not remotely safe with them. When you bet with Caesars, you can relax because you know that both your money and private data are secure. And if you were to run into any problems, you could turn to the appropriate government agencies for help in the matter.