PROLINE+ Ontario Sportsbook – 2022 Promo Code for $25
Thanks to the legalization of single-event sports betting in Canada, there’s now the option to bet on sports using Ontario Lottery and Gaming’s PROLINE+ sports betting product. And, when you create an account as a new user, PROLINE+ will provide a welcome bonus by matching your first deposit for up to $25.
On this page we’ll review what PROLINE+ has to offer, including the bets you can place, banking options, the sportsbook app, and the welcome bonus and other promotions that might become available.
PROLINE Plus sign up bonus in May 2022
When you create an account at PROLINE+, the online sports betting site will match your first deposit at a rate of 50% up to a total of $25.
|Ontario Sportsbook||PROLINE+ Sportsbook|
|PROLINE Plus Promo Code||None - Use Links|
|First Deposit Match||50% up to $25|
|Launch Date||Aug. 27, 2021, in Ontario|
|Last Updated||May 2022|
PROLINE+ Ontario welcome bonus — the fine print!
To create a PROLINE+ account to claim the bonus, you need to be 19 or older. You also have to be a resident of Ontario. And lastly, you are not eligible if you’ve had a player account with PlayOLG.ca or OLG.ca in the past.
PROLINE+ will match your first deposit at a rate of 50% as long as you deposit a minimum of $15. Any deposit of $50 or more will result in just the maximum allowed bonus amount of $25.
Can I trust PROLINE+ Sportsbook?
Yes, PROLINE+ is a trustworthy sports betting site in Ontario. PROLINE+ is run by OLG, a Crown corporation run by the provincial government. In addition, OLG has received a certification for its PlaySmart program that allows you to set various limits on your gambling account. The World Lottery Association awarded the certification.
To bet with PROLINE+ you have to be 19 or older and a resident of Ontario. You also will need to be in Ontario when placing a bet. The site will track your location using geolocation services. If you are not in Ontario or you use a VPN to hide/modify your location, you won’t be able to bet. Once you return to the province, you will again be able to wager.
Getting started at PROLINE+ OLG Sportsbook
Signing up with PROLINE+ is simple and does not take long. To start, head to the site and select the “Register Now” option. Then you just need to input some personal details:
- Name (first and last)
- Home address (in Ontario)
- Phone number
And that’s it. PROLINE+ then uses this info to verify your identity and your age. If it can’t do this for any reason, you’ll have to submit some additional info. Usually, the easiest way to do this is by uploading a photo of your Ontario photo card or Ontario driver’s license.
As you might expect, you also need to come up with a username and password that meets the password requirements. To further strengthen your account security you also will select and answer two security questions.
How do I download the PROLINE+ app?
The PROLINE+ app is available for both iOS and Android devices. Installing it on your specific device is free and easy. Here’s how to do it for both operating systems:
- How to download the PROLINE+ iOS app: On the mobile site, select the button with the Apple logo and follow the prompts from there to download the app.
- How to download the PROLINE+ Android app: Same as above except this time select the button with the triangle Google Play logo.
Where do I find PROLINE+ promotions?
Additional promotions at PROLINE+ beyond the welcome bonus appear on OLG’s promotions page. From there you’ll be able to read about each bonus offer and check out the terms and conditions. At PROLINE+’s launch, many of the bonuses were for other OLG services. Here’s what you might find for sports betting in the future:
- Insurance promos: Insurance promos are interesting in that you only benefit from them if your bet loses. While that’s obviously a nice safety net to have, it also is a little disappointing because the only way you get a bonus is if your wager fails to cash.
- Boosters: Online sportsbooks also may offer boosters such as profit boosts, parlay boosts and daily odds boosts. Profit boosts let you select your bets and then you receive a percentage increase to any potential winnings. Parlay boosts typically allow you to get elevated winnings based on how many legs your parlay is for. Daily boosts will increase the odds on specific bets that a sportsbook selects.
Why should I choose the PROLINE+ Sportsbook app?
If you’re looking for a reason to sign up with PROLINE+, look no further than the ability to make single-event bets using your phone, computer or tablet. No longer do you have to place exclusively parlay-style bets in order to legally bet on sports.
Also there’s the fact that you’re working with a legal online sportsbook. Offshore books can seem fine at the time, but if your personal information is compromised or your money disappears, you generally have no legal recourse.
Finally, PROLINE+ offers 24-hour customer support. If you do experience any issues, at least you know someone will be there to help you solve them.
What won’t I like about the PROLINE+ Sportsbook app?
It’s a little tough coming up with any negatives about PROLINE+ at this time. After not being able to place single-game sports wagers in Canada, being able to do so now just feels like such a bonus.
We will say, it would be great if there were more than two deposit options and just a single way to withdraw funds at PROLINE+. The single withdrawal option in particular could end up being a deal-breaker for some people.
What kind of bets can I make at PROLINE+ sports betting?
Now that single-game betting is available, you’ll find all the standard options at PROLINE+. Here’s an example to help explain the more common options you’re likely to run across:
|Toronto Raptors||-6.5 (-110)||Over 221.5 (-110)||-200|
|Golden State Warriors||+6.5 (-110)||Under 221.5 (-110)||+170|
- Moneylines: A moneyline is a bet on one side or the other to win the game. The odds indicate how much you could win. Toronto’s -200 moneyline is telling you that the Raptors are favoured, and you would win a profit of $100 on a $200 bet, or a similar ratio for a different bet amount. Meanwhile, Golden State’s +170 moneyline is telling you that you’d win a profit of $170 on a winning $100 bet.
- Spreads: Here the spread is 5. That means the Raptors must win by more than that number, while bets on the Warriors still win if they lose by a smaller margin than 6.5. Spread-betting odds typically hover right around -110 for football and basketball games, but vary more for hockey and baseball contests.
- Totals: Also known as over/unders, these allow you to bet on the combined total score of the game. In this case, the sportsbook has set the line at 221.5, and you can wager whether the actual total score will be over or under that number.
- Props: Wager on whether specific events will occur. For an NBA game, you could bet on which player will score the game’s first basket, whether a specific player will finish with over 30 points or which quarter will end up being the highest scoring. The prop betting options at PROLINE+ are impressive.
- Futures: Futures are bets on long-term or distant occurrences. Sometimes that could be a bet on how many wins a team will have during the regular season, whether that team will win its division or, the most popular, whether it’ll win a championship. You also can bet on players to take home both regular season and postseason awards.
- Parlays: Parlays allow you to join two or more bets together and get boosted odds for doing so. While this sounds great, the downside is that a parlay only wins if all your picks are correct. That’s right, miss just one and your enter parlay is toast.
- Round robins: Similar to parlays, but you can still win some money if you aren’t perfect with your picks.
- Live betting: Live betting lets you bet on games in real time. Simply click on the live betting option at PROLINE+ and you’ll be able to see all the ongoing events that you can bet on. The odds will tend to shift rapidly during games, changing based on what’s happening.
Can I bet on the Maple Leafs and Senators at PROLINE+?
Yes, because let’s be real, what would be the point of legal single-game betting in Ontario if you couldn’t wager on the Toronto Maple Leafs, Ottawa Senators and the rest of the NHL? PROLINE+ also offers a number of additional betting options that you likely couldn’t make before or just aren’t that familiar with. Here are a few of those choices:
- Three-way moneylines: While ties are no longer a thing in the NHL betting market, they’re still a betting option at PROLINE+. That’s because of three-way moneylines. This betting option lets you wager on what the score will be at the end of regulation, which is why the option of a tie still exists. Just remember, if you bet on a specific team to win, but the game goes to OT, your wager will lose.
- Period bets: In addition to being able to bet on single games, you also can bet on single periods. If you expect the Leafs to get off to a great start, you could bet on their first period moneyline. You’ll also find spreads and over/unders for this type of bet.
- Goal scorers: You can wager on a specific player to score first, last or just anytime during a game.
- Grand Salami: The Grand Salami is an over/under bet for how many goals the entire NHL will score across all of its games on a given night. This can be a fun bet that takes all the hockey action into account.
How do I get money on (and off!) PROLINE+ Sportsbook quickly?
One of the distinct aspects of PROLINE+ is that before making a deposit you actually have to set up your seven-day deposit limit. You can change this later, but it needs to be there for you to be able to deposit.
The options for making deposits and withdrawals are slightly limited at this time, but as long as these choices work for you it shouldn’t matter that there are not more options available:
|Deposit Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Debit/Credit Card (Visa and Mastercard)||$10||Instant|
|Withdrawal Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|E-check||No Minimum||1-5 Days|
How do I get help at PROLINE Plus sports betting?
The best option for getting assistance is by hitting up the live chat option, as it’s available 24/7/365. In addition you can call the PROLINE+ help desk (855-978-7529) from 8 a.m. to midnight if you run into any problems. There also is an FAQ page where you’ll find answers to the most common questions about PROLINE+ or any other OLG product.
How do I exclude myself from PROLINE+?
In an effort to help anyone who might have a problem with irresponsible gambling, PROLINE+ allows you to temporarily close your account. Doing so is fairly easy, and you can do it for anywhere from six months to five years.
Just log in, and then select the “Self-Exclusion” option that you’ll find in your account. Once you’ve done that, you can select the length of your self-exclusion. When your elected exclusion is up, you can either return to sports wagering or lengthen the time away.
Can I bet with PROLINE+ Sportsbook in person?
Currently there is not a PROLINE+ retail sportsbook in Ontario. The previously available PRO-LINE parlay-style betting is available at various retail vendors, however.
How does PROLINE+ compare to other Ontario sportsbooks?
Among the best facets of single-game sports betting coming to Ontario is the fact that the province is anticipating a robust sports betting marketplace. That means, in addition to being able to bet with PROLINE+, you’ll likely be able to bet at various other online sportsbooks. Here are some of the ones you might come across:
- PointsBet Ontario Sportsbook vs. PROLINE+: There are a couple of areas that PointsBet really knocks it out of the park: betting options and its welcome bonus. When you get started at PointsBet, you’ll be eligible for risk-free bets for up to $2,000. As for wagering choices, PointsBet offers all the standard options as well as single-game parlays and PointsBetting. That last one is exclusive to PointsBet.
- DraftKings vs. PROLINE+: DraftKings didn’t become one of the premier online oddsmakers by accident. While the welcome bonus is nothing to write home about, the promotions after joining DraftKings are pretty good. You also will find a large number of prop bets for all the top sports and leagues.
- TheScore Bet vs. PROLINE+: This sportsbook obviously has some serious Canadian roots. You’ll also find that you get a $500 risk-free bet when you sign up. And with great integration to its media channels, theScore really does have a lot to offer bettors.
- FanDuel vs. PROLINE+: Just like DraftKings, FanDuel is one of the top names when it comes to online sportsbooks. Its welcome bonus of a risk-free bet for up to $1,000 is one of the best in the industry. And its additional promotions are easily among the best you’ll find.
No, one of the requirements for joining PROLINE+ is that you must live in Ontario. PROLINE+ confirms your identity when you create your account.
Unlike in the US, where the betting age is typically 21, in Ontario it is 19. If you’re younger than 19, you won’t be able to create an account.
Most likely not. Canada considers gambling winnings to be windfalls, which are not taxable. However, if you are a professional sports bettor, the law might be different in your situation as it might see gambling winnings as income. If you’re unsure, speak with a Canadian tax specialist to go over your exact circumstance.
Right now you don’t need a code to claim PROLINE+’s welcome bonus. Right now it uses a pre-populated code field when you make your first deposit to claim the bonus.
Your lone option for cashing out wins at PROLINE+ is to transfer your money into your bank account by way of an e-check. While it’s not ideal to have only one withdrawal option, as long as you’re comfortable doing so this way it shouldn’t be an issue.
PROLINE+ is regulated and licensed, while offshores sportsbooks are neither of those things in Canada. At PROLINE+ you know you’re doing business with a reputable oddsmaker, while with offshore sites you have no idea with whom you’re dealing. We recommend never wagering with offshore sportsbooks.